Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UltraNutz stereo question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default UltraNutz stereo question

Hey gang,

Does anyone use the HogTunes H-1 tweeter pods along with the SSPN4.52od amp and Polk DB651 speakers?

Here's my dilemma. I just ordered and received the HogTunes H-1 tweeters. I'm still on the fence of drilling into my painted fairing. And, UltraNutz doesn't believe that I need the tweeters because the power from the amp and Polk speakers should be sufficient.

Before I return the tweeters, I'm curious if anyone has the UltraNutz recommendation, complimented with the Hog Tunes tweeters. If so, will you give me your opinion.

By the way, I'm keeping the factory stereo--it's just the amp and speakers.

Thank you!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:16 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I installed the Hogtunes tweeter pod when I upgraded to an amp and Polk MM651 speakers, highly recommended. I've done listening tests with the tweeters disconnected, it really sounds better with those tweeters mounted up high. As a bonus the Hogpod tweeter setup adds a touch of style to the otherwise plain and boring upper fairing, so it's a win-win!

Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

floridapoolboy is very knowledgeable and knows his stuff with audio as well so I'd take what he says to heart.

Originally Posted by kryingame
Hey gang,

Does anyone use the HogTunes H-1 tweeter pods along with the SSPN4.52od amp and Polk DB651 speakers?

Here's my dilemma. I just ordered and received the HogTunes H-1 tweeters. I'm still on the fence of drilling into my painted fairing. And, UltraNutz doesn't believe that I need the tweeters because the power from the amp and Polk speakers should be sufficient.

Before I return the tweeters, I'm curious if anyone has the UltraNutz recommendation, complimented with the Hog Tunes tweeters. If so, will you give me your opinion.

By the way, I'm keeping the factory stereo--it's just the amp and speakers.

Thank you!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
ratdoc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
I installed the Hogtunes tweeter pod when I upgraded to an amp and Polk MM651 speakers, highly recommended. I've done listening tests with the tweeters disconnected, it really sounds better with those tweeters mounted up high. As a bonus the Hogpod tweeter setup adds a touch of style to the otherwise plain and boring upper fairing, so it's a win-win!
I agree completely. The tweeter pod is a great addition to the system - really fills in everything behind the fairing. Drill your fairing, mount the pod and love it.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ratdoc
I agree completely. The tweeter pod is a great addition to the system - really fills in everything behind the fairing. Drill your fairing, mount the pod and love it.
I have the same system. Just waiting on my inner fairing to start installing. ratdoc Poolboy love the combo so I think it's a nice addition to the system. Will know more once I get mine installed. So hard to wait! lol

Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

The most difficult part is the waiting. Tomorrow morning, I drop the inner fairing off to the painter. I probably called the guy 1/2 dozen times over the past week. And now, I'm online buying the parts. I think alot of people are going with the UltraNutZ suggestion because last night, there were more amps available on Amazon than there is now. What the heck!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

hehe I don't doubt that. The thing for me was this project started out with just painting the damn inner fairing. The saw Ulta's post on his stereo and I was hmm that is awesome gonna get that. Then once I starting down that road it's been a slippery slope my friend lol. Now the list is inner fairing painted, Ultra's stereo and amp, Hogtunes Tweetwer Pod (cause I have always wanted one and it's getting painted also), Kury's Driving Lights, New Medallion Sundown Gauges...cause why the hell not at this point lol, and think of getting a Long Ride Shields. A slippery slope indeed! hehe

Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Raxus
hehe I don't doubt that. The thing for me was this project started out with just painting the damn inner fairing. The saw Ulta's post on his stereo and I was hmm that is awesome gonna get that. Then once I starting down that road it's been a slippery slope my friend lol. Now the list is inner fairing painted, Ultra's stereo and amp, Hogtunes Tweetwer Pod (cause I have always wanted one and it's getting painted also), Kury's Driving Lights, New Medallion Sundown Gauges...cause why the hell not at this point lol, and think of getting a Long Ride Shields. A slippery slope indeed! hehe
I really like the LR shields. I bought 1 at first because I had never heard of them. Liked it so much I ordered 2 other sizes and tints. When the wife is riding I put the tall shield on so her hair won't flop around in the wind (HAHA, good luck with that) and when she's not, I have my choice of the other 2 shorter tinted shields. But really I run with the 4" HD shield most of the time.