Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Boom Audio amp with J&M Speakers

Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 PM
harley.farmer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Boom Audio amp with J&M Speakers

Anybody use the Harley Boom Audio amp with J&M Speakers? I have the Stock HK radio in my Limited with J&M Rokker speakers. Since I already spent the money on these speakers I want to keep them, put push them louder. My dealer says by using the HD Boom Amp my warranty on the radio will remain and I will like the clearer louder sound. I know I should upgrade everything etc. etc. but I want to keep my stock radio just want it louder. Let your knowledge/experience rain down upon me..........

Old 02-15-2013, 06:50 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

sorry harley.farmer.. I missed this one..

Yeah that sounds like something a dealer would tell you. If they can prove without a doubt that what you did caused the issue (if you ever have an issue) then I can see this, otherwise typical HD healer rhetoric.

The J&M speakers are good speakers. I wouldn't waste my $ on boom audio stuff. Simply doesn't perform well and doesn't hold up. It's junk IMO.
Put a good amp on those speakers and they WILL shine for you. Couple that with wrapping those J&M fairing speakers in polyfil and lining the rear pods with polyfil, you will be happy.
Check out the SS PN4.320D and PN4.520D amps. My favorite is the 520. It's easy to install although you will have to cut 4 speaker wires coming out of the back of the radio but that's it, nothing else on the bike has to be modified.