Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Audio Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Road Master
Default Help with setting up amp, tweeters and speakers

Men,

I have a 2012 SG, based on UltraNutZ wise recommendation, I ordered the following:

1 - Soundstream PN4.250 Amp;
2 - Polk DB651 fairing speakers;
3 - Hogtunes Tweeters (This was not his suggestion but I already
purchased it)
4 - Speaker Adopter rings;
5 - 6' of 10 guage power wire; and
6 - Fuse holder and 30A fuse.

I'm still waiting for the delivery of the amp but I'm wondering how I do the install. I really don't want to pay the dealer to do the install for me.

Can someone walk me through, step by step on how I do the install?

Thanks!
2012 StreetGlide: Long Ride Shields: Ultra; Truck-Lite Phase 7; painted inner fairing; Hogtunes tweeters; BT Titan II 6.5 & 7.1 speakers; Pioneer TSD-6902R (6x9's) in the lids;(2 sets of PBR300x2; Sony MEX-GS610BT; Biketronics radio install kit; bagliners; 6.5" Lowers; King Tour Pak; Engine guard footpeg mounting kit; Adjustable backrest; 4 point docking kit; Sissy bar and passenger back rest pad; Rinehart slip-ons with 4 inch caps and air cleaner.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Senior Rider

Kry look on the polyfil thread on here Nutz first response has a link to Street glide Walts install.
2007 Street Glide, Black Pearl. 103 inch Big Bore Kit, 255 cam, Vance and Hines true dual's, with Samson Megaphone slash cut mufflers, 19 Skulls, Tour Pak, JRI shocks, Badlands LED's, Alpine CDA 9886M radio, Harley lowers with Biketronics Titan II's, Tour Pak speaker pods with 6.5 Titan II's Focal KPS's 6.5 components in the fairing and, 6x9 Biketronics Titan II's in Cvo saddlebag lids, powered by Biketronics 4180... 920 RMS of ROC N HD!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mike View Post
Kry look on the polyfil thread on here Nutz first response has a link to Street glide Walts install.
UltraNutZ previously sent me that link but for the life of me, I couldn't follow it. Maybe it'll look different once I get all of the pieces in.

Thanks!
2012 StreetGlide: Long Ride Shields: Ultra; Truck-Lite Phase 7; painted inner fairing; Hogtunes tweeters; BT Titan II 6.5 & 7.1 speakers; Pioneer TSD-6902R (6x9's) in the lids;(2 sets of PBR300x2; Sony MEX-GS610BT; Biketronics radio install kit; bagliners; 6.5" Lowers; King Tour Pak; Engine guard footpeg mounting kit; Adjustable backrest; 4 point docking kit; Sissy bar and passenger back rest pad; Rinehart slip-ons with 4 inch caps and air cleaner.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryingame View Post
UltraNutZ previously sent me that link but for the life of me, I couldn't follow it. Maybe it'll look different once I get all of the pieces in.

Thanks!
Did you see (perhaps in the one he sent you) where he explains each picture with instruction about what he is doing in each picture, starting with his hangover.lol
2007 Street Glide, Black Pearl. 103 inch Big Bore Kit, 255 cam, Vance and Hines true dual's, with Samson Megaphone slash cut mufflers, 19 Skulls, Tour Pak, JRI shocks, Badlands LED's, Alpine CDA 9886M radio, Harley lowers with Biketronics Titan II's, Tour Pak speaker pods with 6.5 Titan II's Focal KPS's 6.5 components in the fairing and, 6x9 Biketronics Titan II's in Cvo saddlebag lids, powered by Biketronics 4180... 920 RMS of ROC N HD!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:54 AM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mike View Post
Did you see (perhaps in the one he sent you) where he explains each picture with instruction about what he is doing in each picture, starting with his hangover.lol
Oh, no. I didn't get nor see that one. Wow, he did it while hungover. Lol
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 AM

yeah the night before was something else.. 40th birthday party for a pal, complete with strippers!

"TTS FOR DUMMIES" by Mr.Wizard
"SEPST FOR DUMMIES" by Foxster
"PV Step By Step" by sportytrace
2012 FLHTK
Motor: Street port by Vee-Twin, Andrews 57H, Rinehart Slimline Duals, CFR, TTS, SE Ventilator, Barnett +1, 480 Spring, ClutchWiz
Audio: Kenwood KIV-BT901, RF 3sixty.3 DSP, (2) SoundStream TN4.900D, Biketronics (4) 7.1", (2) 6.5", (2) 6x9"
Old 02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNutZ View Post
yeah the night before was something else.. 40th birthday party for a pal, complete with strippers!

US Army Vet (19D) Scouts Out!
2014 FLHTCUTG Dually Pegs, His&Her Drink Holders, Kinetic Grips, Passenger Adjustable Footpegs, tGlide Lift
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM

hmm.. I learned a LONG time ago. No pics, no evidence!

Besides, Walt's bike hasn't caught on fire so I guess we did it all correctly!

2012 FLHTK
Motor: Street port by Vee-Twin, Andrews 57H, Rinehart Slimline Duals, CFR, TTS, SE Ventilator, Barnett +1, 480 Spring, ClutchWiz
Audio: Kenwood KIV-BT901, RF 3sixty.3 DSP, (2) SoundStream TN4.900D, Biketronics (4) 7.1", (2) 6.5", (2) 6x9"
Old 02-15-2013, 02:43 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNutZ View Post

Besides, Walt's bike hasn't caught on fire so I guess we did it all correctly!
Send ol' Walt out to my place in Georgia... I'll show him how to let the "magic smoke" outta his tweeters! It can be done... I ASSURE ya.

Beav
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
Send ol' Walt out to my place in Georgia... I'll show him how to let the "magic smoke" outta his tweeters! It can be done... I ASSURE ya.

Beav

now that's some funny chit Beav.. Man I wish you would have video'd that! I haven't seen a speaker smoke in years!

2012 FLHTK
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM

P