Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the new 6x9 speaker lids for a spin.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Took the new 6x9 speaker lids for a spin.

It got up to 50 degrees yesterday so I finished up the tweek's to the system. I polyfil'ed the lowers, tour pak pods, switched out the Arc 6022's for Focal 165 CA's that I had, in the tour pak pods. Polyfil'ed the fairing speakers, While I had the fairing off I changed the crossover point on The Focals KPS's (lowered it to the -6DB setting) buttoned the Beeach up and took it for a short spin. The 6x9 Titan II HAT's in the Harley lids are impressive I am now surrounded by sound. The HAT's are very IMPRESSIVE anybody considering these upgrades I would highly recommend it. The Harley cvo lids with the 6x9's are angled right toward your ears (one reason I bought the Harley lids), Plus they come painted to match my bike, even if you paint them yourself the materials are expensive. The 8 speakers and the S.S. Nano ROCK!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 02-19-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-19-2013, 11:11 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

awesome.. glad to hear Moto Mike.. I ordered the painted cycle sound lids (kinda hard to screw up black) yesterday so now I'm on the prowl for the 6x9s to put in it. Obviously I'm leaning towards the MM691 speakers but now I'm gonna give the HATs a look-see.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 02-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:15 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
It got up to 50 degrees yesterday so I finished up the tweek's to the system. I polyfil'ed the lowers, tour pak pods, switched out the Arc 6022's for Focal 165 CA's that I had, in the tour pak pods. Polyfil'ed the fairing speakers, While I had the fairing off I changed the crossover point on The Focals KPS's (lowered it to the -6DB setting) buttoned the Beeach up and took it for a short spin. The 6x9 Titan II HAT's in the Harley lids are impressive I am now surrounded by sound. The HAT's are very IMPRESSIVE anybody considering these upgrades I would highly recommend it. The Harley cvo lids with the 6x9's are angled right toward your ears (one reason I bought the Harley lids), Plus they come painted to match my bike, even if you paint them yourself the materials are expensive. The 8 speakers and the S.S. Nano ROCK!

post some pics top and bottom please sir..

Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
awesome.. glad to hear Moto Mike.. I ordered the painted cycle sound lids (kinda hard to screw up black) yesterday so now I'm on the prowl for the 6x9s to put in it. Obviously I'm leaning towards the MM691 speakers but now I'm gonna give the HATs a look-see.
UN,

They don't produce the model of PIONEER that I have in my bags anymore, but.........I've never heard better bass on a bike , than the 4 Pioneer Premier TS-D902P with appropriate power behind them. I only use the 6X9's for bass.

Would have to check with Pioneer to see what speaker most closely resembles th TS-D902P.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

Hey Nutz, The HAT 6x9's are the Hybrid Audio Image 6x9's. I should have weighed them before I put them in but i didn't. The magnet assembly on these speakers are massive, they are monsters, very heavy! The mid bass is very impressive. I know the price is not cheap I paid $300, but they do Rock! The Polks would be a better value, but I think, (hard to tell without a side by side comparison) that the Hats would sound better. I guess the question is is the price difference worth it on a motorcycle. As far as posting pictures, not able to at this time. Wish my computer skills were as good as yours and other's on this Forum.

Last edited by Moto Mike; 02-19-2013 at 11:47 AM. Reason: correction
Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
UN,

They don't produce the model of PIONEER that I have in my bags anymore, but.........I've never heard better bass on a bike , than the 4 Pioneer Premier TS-D902P with appropriate power behind them. I only use the 6X9's for bass.

Would have to check with Pioneer to see what speaker most closely resembles th TS-D902P.
Tell ya what I'm really thinking about is simply using a Cadence 8 ohm 6x9 sub wired in parallel (keeps me at a 2 ohm load) with each rear pod speaker in each lid. I have plenty of highs already with the 4 polks...

Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Hey Nutz, The HAT 6x9's are the Hybrid Audio Image 6x9's. I should have weighed them before I put them in but i didn't. The magnet assembly on these speakers are massive, they are monsters, very heavy! The mid bass is very impressive. I know the price is not cheap I paid $300, but they do Rock! The Polks would be a better value, but I think, (hard to tell without a side by side comparison) that the Hats would sound better. I guess the question is is the price difference worth it on a motorcycle. As far as posting pictures, not able to at this time. Wish my computer skills were as good as yours and other's on this Forum.
what did you do with the tweeters?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

what did you do with the tweeters?
Look on the Biketronics website the tweet's are mounted on a bar that locks in the adaptors and is suspended over the woofer. That way the speaker is sealed and will not allow water into the bag.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

ah ok.. I was looking at the HA site. So are these HAT brand or Biketronics brand?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

ah ok.. I was looking at the HA site. So are these HAT brand or Biketronics brand?
They are Hats made for Biketronics, If you are so inclined, call them and talk to Bill he's their tech, great guy easy to talk to and very informed about their products. The last time I talked to him he was testing the S.S, Nano so he could compare it to the Biketronics amps. He gave me a break on the price list is $399 I got mine for $300, any way if you talked to him and told him you would promote the speakers on the forum I am sure he would cut you a deal. I am assuming all this of course!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 02-19-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: corect

Quick Reply: Took the new 6x9 speaker lids for a spin.