Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 Remote Power

Old 04-19-2013, 10:50 AM
wildtxn
Cruiser

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 Remote Power

Just for my own sanity, can someone make sure I've got this right?

I'm setting up a new stereo in a Kuryakyn Airmaster fairing using a Kenwood BT955HD deck, RF PBR300x2 and a set of Polk Audio 5x7"s.

The pigtail for the detachable fairing has 7 wires coming off of it at the fairing. 2 pair of yellow/black for the 2 accessory sockets. Leaving the RED (switched), Yellow (battery) and Black (Negative).

I intend to split the Yellow into a Y-Harness.
Run 1 Yellow, Red and Black to the new deck.
The other Yellow will go to (BATT) connection on the PBR300x2 along with a Black (ground) going to a connection under the triple tree.

The output going to the left/right speakers.

On the Input connection for the amp, I cut off the RCA adapters and plan to wire them directly to the Rear left/right speaker wires coming from the deck.

My question is.....Cutting off the RCA adapters and wiring directly to the speaker wires should negate the need for connecting the blue/white remote power connection to the amp correct?

Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

As for just running your speaker output wires from your HU directly into the RCA inputs on the amp.....I'd say you're going to have problems. One thing I learned in my own install is you'd need a low level line converter to do that.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

This was what was posted in the manual which is why I went that direction.

"NOTE: When the installation requires a High Level(Speaker) input, the RCA/Speaker
Harness will need to be cut on the speaker wire side of the y-splitter.Then
connect the white to the left(+), white/black to the left(-), grey to the right(+),
and grey/black to the right(-) corresponding vehicle wires."

Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Best I can tell that amp has adjustable input levels, 4v-6v....so looks like you're good. Nice.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by wildtxn
Just for my own sanity, can someone make sure I've got this right?

I'm setting up a new stereo in a Kuryakyn Airmaster fairing using a Kenwood BT955HD deck, RF PBR300x2 and a set of Polk Audio 5x7"s.

The pigtail for the detachable fairing has 7 wires coming off of it at the fairing. 2 pair of yellow/black for the 2 accessory sockets. Leaving the RED (switched), Yellow (battery) and Black (Negative).

I intend to split the Yellow into a Y-Harness.
Run 1 Yellow, Red and Black to the new deck.
The other Yellow will go to (BATT) connection on the PBR300x2 along with a Black (ground) going to a connection under the triple tree.

The output going to the left/right speakers.

On the Input connection for the amp, I cut off the RCA adapters and plan to wire them directly to the Rear left/right speaker wires coming from the deck.

My question is.....Cutting off the RCA adapters and wiring directly to the speaker wires should negate the need for connecting the blue/white remote power connection to the amp correct?
man I wouldn't do that.. Leave the RCAs intact and run from the radio front outputs to the RCA inputs on the amp. Then take the blue/white wire on the radio and run it to the amp rem input on the power terminal with the power and ground.

You'll get a cleaner signal out of the RCAs. Although Kenwood has some funky RCA output voltage specification I've never seen before I did find that they are 4v outputs which is perfect for that amp.

I would not cut RCAs just to not have to connect a remote wire.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:46 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

I wasn't necessarily looking at doing it just for the option of not removing the remote wire. The reason I was looking at going without the RCA output was based off of https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...impressed.html this link and everyone stating issues utilizing the RCA for an input with this specific amp. I just wanted to verify that I don't need the remote power connection by going this route.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

There's a lot of subjective opinions out there and that thread has a lot of bad information in it the main one being slapping a pair of 2.7 ohm speakers on that amp (PBR300x4). Never had an issue with running RCA inputs to this amp (PBR300x2) on any install I've done with it.

Don't go by this thread because it has nothing to do with the PBR300x2 amp which is what you have.

I'm also hoping that the 5x7s you're referring to are the MM571 model.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

I'm also hoping that the 5x7s you're referring to are the MM571 model.
yessir

Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

rock on!

that will sound good with those speakers in your face...

Don't cut those RCAs! :-)

Old 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
wildtxn
Cruiser

Just trying to get the wiring and connectors done for now. Will either build a bracket or velcro the amp to the top of the deck next. Fairing and Tins are all at the paint shop and won't have them back for 4 more weeks or so.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rockford Fosgate PBR300x2 Remote Power