Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics rear 7.1" pods

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 05:34 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Biketronics rear 7.1" pods

I don't remember who it was but someone was asking me the other day about the new re-designed rear pods from BT and whether I had gotten them in and installed.

Here's some pics of them. The new pod is on the right, the old on the left.

You can see the subtle differences with them. Now the saddlebag lids open and close more appropriately, the pod sits a tad bit away from the passenger seat. They fit much better now..

Thanks to Leroy @ Junes Upholstery and Bill @ BT for getting this small issue taken care of.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l04bz4pyd8ol3wu/ee_PUD7nJQ

Old 01-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a set of these last week with the rest of my order. They look very nice. Quality stitching and materials.

Can't wait to get time to install everything.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer

[quote=UltraNutZ;12177351]I don't remember who it was but someone was asking me the other day about the new re-designed rear pods from BT and whether I had gotten them in and installed.

Here's some pics of them. The new pod is on the right, the old on the left.

You can see the subtle differences with them. Now the saddlebag lids open and close more appropriately, the pod sits a tad bit away from the passenger seat. They fit much better now..

Thanks to Leroy @ Junes Upholstery and Bill @ BT for getting this small issue taken care of.

I don't know if mine are old or new design. I can't really tell from pictures. My bag lids hit the pods if I open them normally but I can open them without hitting the pods. Were you able to open you lids without touching the pods when you had the old ones installed?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:32 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Da Shadow
I don't know if mine are old or new design. I can't really tell from pictures. My bag lids hit the pods if I open them normally but I can open them without hitting the pods. Were you able to open you lids without touching the pods when you had the old ones installed?
no sir. had to put pressure on the lid to get it past the pod which didn't set real well with me considering it would eventually crack my saddlebag at the latch area.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
no sir. had to put pressure on the lid to get it past the pod which didn't set real well with me considering it would eventually crack my saddlebag at the latch area.

Thanks! I must have the new ones because my lids can open without any interference.

Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
slammd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it true that you lose the pod mounted radio controls?...I was planning on going this route but am concerned about this.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:01 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I'm pretty sure with a little creativity you can figure out how to mount the stock controls in the aftermarket pods

Old 01-11-2014, 07:49 AM
slammd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks...yeah, I'm sure I could but it kinda bugs me that I'm paying $425 for a nice product and have to break out the sawzall to make it work with the stock controls. It just seems like its incomplete...and if its about cost, then so be it, I'll pay, just make it complete....OK, I've done all my whining for the day ;o)

Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I build my 'system', first thing I did was eliminate the passenger controls......NOBODY is touching any buttons or ***** , except ME !!!!

Old 01-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm getting rid of mine too. AFAIK, the controls only work with the headset and CB, and the wife and I use neither.

Quick Reply: Biketronics rear 7.1" pods