Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Install Kit from Metra - 99-9600

Old 07-30-2014, 11:45 AM
ElGigante
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
When programming the module, hit the program button on the side of the module whenever you come across a feature that you dont want. The light will flash and then stay on. When it stays on, its ready for the next function on the list. You have to do it in order of functions. When it got time to create a mute button, i just pushed in on the left switch and let go after a few seconds. Checked it and it worked...mutes the radio. So my left switch is vol up, vol down, and mute when pressed in. My right switch is fwd track when pressed to the right, reverse track when pressed to the left and change source when pressed in. Hope this helps. You are using the SWI-RC module from PAC audio, correct?
Sorry, using the AWSC-1 - no programming buttons on it

Old 07-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ElGigante
Sorry, using the AWSC-1 - no programming buttons on it
Oops...my apologies.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:51 PM
ElGigante
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been studying the documentation, i will try to play with it next time I have the fairing off.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:12 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ElGigante
Find the deutsch connector on the left side of your fairing (right side looking into the fairing). On the SG fairing it is the top one of the two that mount on that side. Remove the pink white wire from the FEMALE side of the connector (learn how to take these apart, very good thing to know). Ground that wire. I just took a small piece of wire, slid it into the female connector I removed from the deutsch and heat shrunk it in place. Then grounded the other end.

To take the deutsch apart you just need a small jewelers screwdriver. Unplug the connector, take the bottom end that comes from the bars (female) and remove the orange plug end (it just pries up and off). Look down inside and you will see a tab. Gently push that tab toward the middle while pushing the pink/white wire out the back. Once loose just pull out the back of the connector.
done that before - installed Apes (2 times). as I mentioned I got no room to get to the handlebar side of the wires. I will remove the plug on pull the pin on the audio side (so "audio side" of the connecor and ground the pin on the connector. that way no cutting . I would assune this is what you are referring to, right?

Guess I opened some eyes here with the mute button - ... now, if we just could do Pause!!!! so I do not miss part of the song (Britney Spears - KIDDING!)

Old 07-30-2014, 05:35 PM
jamess71
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
now, if we just could do Pause!!!! so I do not miss part of the song (Britney Spears - KIDDING!)
It's funny you say that. My kids have asked me to rewind the radio in the car a few times now. They are so used to having a dvr on the tv. I'm sure it will just be a matter of time until we can pause our radios too.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

was referring to CD/Pandora/BT/USB music.... not Radio (lost that one anyway wit the SS amp)

Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 AM
Pcsolutions1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought both of these pieces and they are nice and work well.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:57 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jamess71
II'm sure it will just be a matter of time until we can pause our radios too...
I guess you have never heard of Tune In Radio?? It's a website (tunein.com) and an app that plays all radio stations all over the country. And the best part?? You can pause playback. That matter of time has arrived my friend....lol.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:22 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
I guess you have never heard of Tune In Radio?? It's a website (tunein.com) and an app that plays all radio stations all over the country. And the best part?? You can pause playback. That matter of time has arrived my friend....lol.
here you go - no need for FM anymore - problem solved

Old 08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Default Mute on PIONEER deck - got it working

Pffff - 4 hours trying to figure it out. manual provides a lot of incorrect information, like led colors and blinking speed.

I am writing up a manual an putting it up on Dropbox, how to auto program and how to assign mute (if your deck does support it!!) the ASWC-1. I will post a new thread and will ask UN to stick it (up to the "boss" )

quick note: on my pioneer Mute is not a full mute (also known as ATT).
so Vol 40, mute, vol goes to 20, 30 goes to 10, 20 goes to 5. pressing the mute again WITHOUT touching the Vol up or down, will bring vol back to what it was. if you press vol up or down after "muting" it resets your volume...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Install Kit from Metra - 99-9600