Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Install Kit from Metra - 99-9600

Old 10-14-2014, 01:48 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by qcarson
Thanks AAWAV, I found that out today about the resistor. So let me use my stupid question for the year. I switched out my Hawg Wired HSA470 kit for the ASWC-1 and I believe the speakers connected from my deck through the Hawg Wired kit. Since I am now using the ASWC-1, do I now have to run my deck outputs directly into my amp or am I missing something.

Basically I have control but no sound.
yes. deck goes to amp... amp goes to speakers

Old 10-14-2014, 02:58 PM
qcarson
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AAWAV
yes. deck goes to amp... amp goes to speakers
Thank AAWAV. Right after I posted that, I found another thread with that information. On my way now to finish the job. Appreciate you brother.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 PM
qcarson
Intermediate

Thank AAWAV. Right after I posted that, I found another thread with that information. On my way now to finish the job. Appreciate you brother.
All done. Thanks again AAWAV. I even got the ATT hooked up. I will put it back together in the morning and go for a ride. YES SIR!!!!

Old 10-15-2014, 06:01 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

All done. Thanks again AAWAV. I even got the ATT hooked up. I will put it back together in the morning and go for a ride. YES SIR!!!!
No worries. So all works now? ATT fyi for others is the mute. It is not a full mute btw...

Old 10-15-2014, 09:03 AM
qcarson
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AAWAV
No worries. So all works now?
Yes, everything is all good.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:49 PM
arighi
Intermediate
Default Need Help with this damned connector!

I will start this by stating that I am feeling kind of stupid... especially since I am a network engineer, but I guess that does not matter here!!

I have the metra install kit and the aswc-1 connector. I am using the one provided and have grounded the white/pink connection to the lighter adapter ground.

I have gone thru the self programming of the aswc and it goes thru its steps and comes back with a solid amber light, but nothing works. I have tried manually selecting the Kenwood head unit, and no luck.

I have gone thru this several times now and am just not sure where to go from here. I have an email out the axxess as well, but thought I would post a message and see if anyone has had this kind of situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I guess I am wondering about the white/pink ground and whether or not I cut and ground the right one, but would assume that I would not get a solid light with the auto install if it was not correct.

Please help!!! LOL

thanks.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by arighi
I will start this by stating that I am feeling kind of stupid... especially since I am a network engineer, but I guess that does not matter here!!

I have the metra install kit and the aswc-1 connector. I am using the one provided and have grounded the white/pink connection to the lighter adapter ground.

I have gone thru the self programming of the aswc and it goes thru its steps and comes back with a solid amber light, but nothing works. I have tried manually selecting the Kenwood head unit, and no luck.

I have gone thru this several times now and am just not sure where to go from here. I have an email out the axxess as well, but thought I would post a message and see if anyone has had this kind of situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I guess I am wondering about the white/pink ground and whether or not I cut and ground the right one, but would assume that I would not get a solid light with the auto install if it was not correct.

Please help!!! LOL

thanks.
double post - answering in the sticky

+