Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra, thoughts on jensen new HD1BT

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 12:48 PM
nick.sr@nickscomputerworks.com
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review of the Jensen HD1BT

The installation was very simple. However, when trying to play the radio, the stock HD speakers were extremely garbled. So I replaced the speakers with some better quality speakers. That cleared up the sound in the shop, but out on the road, the radio is very difficult to hear. We installed the USB adaptor in the Air Temp gauge hole. I plugged in my thumb drive and the music is very clear. However, the sound is VERY tinny with almost no base. Turn the base up all the way and the treble down, and it sounds garbled. Find a happy medium and it is only OK and only IF you know the song that is playing, then you will hear it. The handlebar volume bottom has about a five second delay so if you are turning the music up or down, you are not sure if it is working at all until you take your eyes off the road and look at the stereo and of course that is not a good idea. Now 6 months later, I barely get any radio reception at all unless the bike is off and I am in a location with a very strong signal. I am told by a few stereo installers that there is an Amp and SubWoofer made just for this radio that will clear up the clarity, but not the reception. I'm not impressed.