Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra, thoughts on jensen new HD1BT

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 06:11 AM
pjciii
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ultra, thoughts on jensen new HD1BT

was wondering what your thoughts are on the new direct replacement for stock HK unit. the Jensen HD1BT, 50w x 4, highly water resistant, bluetooth, direct connect XM/SIRUS, wx channels, usb charging and input but the price is 499.00. i know the HK unit is pricey if you have to replace it, just losing CD player and CB
http://www.asaelectronics.com/jensen...th-stereo.html

patrick

Last edited by pjciii; 04-24-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:37 AM
4nic8
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Granted I've been out of the car audio world since 1996 but I'm confident that one thing still holds true, Jensen is at the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality and performance. I would still with sony, pioneer, clarion, eclipse (if they are still around) alpine, kenwood. All should be readily available.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts
Old 04-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenney
Looks good Kenney. . . But for 499.00 I'd go with the Sony 310 and a splash cover.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:12 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't forget, between the aftermarket controller (BT or Hawgwired), the bluetooth/ipod control head unit and a splash cover you'll be right around the price of the Jensen anyway. The name means nothing, as long as the Jensen can pass a clean signal on the RCA outputs it should be ideal for a bike. We need to see one in action, it looks like an interesting alternative.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Parts Unlimited quoted they'd be in stock mid May. They look like a great plug-and-play replacement. The video review Revzilla just put out just put out is a good review. I probably would have bought one last year if they were available instead of going the route I did.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
Don't forget, between the aftermarket controller (BT or Hawgwired), the bluetooth/ipod control head unit and a splash cover you'll be right around the price of the Jensen anyway. The name means nothing, as long as the Jensen can pass a clean signal on the RCA outputs it should be ideal for a bike. We need to see one in action, it looks like an interesting alternative.
Very True . . . I'm just saying the Sony has been battle tested on many bikes and it would be a PITA to be the first to find out the Jensen did not pass the smell test. I sure as hell don't want to be that guy. . . However, I do agree with you on the clean signal and RCA's. Somebody has to be the Guinea pig. . . lol

Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Kenney
Road Captain

I’m one of those people that think trying to get a “Good” sound while going 70+ mph with aftermarket pipes is “a pipe dream”.
My stock HK (CD is starting to skip) and speakers are good enough for me. I am looking at the new Jensen more as an upgrade than anything else. I hope that I can find a way to mount the USB connection in or on the Fairing so as to allow easy changes and still have it weather proof. I do think that trying to scroll through (add any number of songs / size of USB drive) would be a pain even with “Playlists”.
Here is the link to the Operation Manual
http://www.asaelectronics.com/downlo...ers_manual.pdf

Old 04-24-2014, 10:53 AM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I hope that I can find a way to mount the USB connection in or on the Fairing so as to allow easy changes and still have it weather proof.
Check out the 3BR line at J&P Cycles! This little deal sounds like what you're looking for, will plug into the Jensen's USB plug, and is only $10. You could swap it for your cigarette lighter if you don't want to put another hole in your fairing...

Last edited by yzergod; 04-24-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Kenney
Road Captain

Yep! Didn’t look hard enough. Revzilla.com has something similar also. Got it book marked.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Ultra, thoughts on jensen new HD1BT