Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG system - best value

Old 08-15-2014, 05:39 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
Don't forget you're going to need adapter rings (unless it's a '14 model) for the fairing to mount those speakers.
Thanks UN. I ordered the Eastern PC adapter rings the same day I ordered the speakers. They seem to have all favorable reviews in this forum:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121358701848

Last edited by heckfrozeover; 08-16-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:18 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

Update and notes:

I got everything installed last weekend. I used the step by step instructions by UN (thank you!), and ran the ground to the battery. It took about 8 hours really taking my time, tinning the ends of all the wires, crimping and soldering battery terminal connectors, carefully wire tying everything, wire loom near metal, etc.

The birthsheet for my pbr300x2 shows 194 watts RMS x 2 into 2 ohms, so almost 400w RMS at my disposal. I ended up with the gain set to 5.5, not because I heard distortion but because it was so loud I didn't think anything higher would ever be used.

On the infinity 62.11i's, I ended up with the +3db button in (off, flat) for the best sound. Too many highs with it on.

The difference in sound (mid-bass) with the 3 layers of poly-fil wrap is huge. Don't skip this step.

The $22 speaker adapters worked perfectly, with the holes exactly lining up and a tight fit to the fairing and speakers. I don't understand the recommendation for the $50 option.

Industrial hook and loop worked great for the amp install, with a tie wrap around everything for secondary insurance. Scotch all weather $3 at Office Depot. Simple, effective.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:20 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser

Result: W-O-W !!

It's so loud that I had to use ear plugs to set the gains!

Much louder, clearer, and harder hitting than I ever imagined. It obviously doesn't have the sub-frequencies, but the mid-bass hits hard, the mid-range is clear, and highs are crisp but not tinny at all. Awesome.

Played everything from Dire Straits to Beethoven to Kool & the Gang.

For anyone on the fence about what to go with, I'm adding one more rubber stamp of approval for the pbr300x2 / 62.11i option!

Thanks everyone!!!!

Old 09-05-2014, 05:21 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by heckfrozeover
Update and notes:

I got everything installed last weekend. I used the step by step instructions by UN (thank you!), and ran the ground to the battery. It took about 8 hours really taking my time, tinning the ends of all the wires, crimping and soldering battery terminal connectors, carefully wire tying everything, wire loom near metal, etc.

The birthsheet for my pbr300x2 shows 194 watts RMS x 2 into 2 ohms, so almost 400w RMS at my disposal. I ended up with the gain set to 5.5, not because I heard distortion but because it was so loud I didn't think anything higher would ever be used.

On the infinity 62.11i's, I ended up with the +3db button in (off, flat) for the best sound. Too many highs with it on.

The difference in sound (mid-bass) with the 3 layers of poly-fil wrap is huge. Don't skip this step.

The $22 speaker adapters worked perfectly, with the holes exactly lining up and a tight fit to the fairing and speakers. I don't understand the recommendation for the $50 option.

Industrial hook and loop worked great for the amp install, with a tie wrap around everything for secondary insurance. Scotch all weather $3 at Office Depot. Simple, effective.
another happy camper.. that's what I like to see! Congrats on your upgraded audio.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:49 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AWESOME SAUCE ! Glad you LOVE it !!!