Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics1005x and powervision

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:44 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Biketronics1005x and powervision

So I've recently learned that there is an issue with running a biketronics hand control module and the powervision. I had no idea this issue existed until after I had ordered the powervision. I've spoke with AAWAV, Jamie at fuelmoto, the folks at biketronics, and dynojet about this issue becouse I am trying to get to the bottom of this issue before I receive or marry this powervision to my bike. AAWAV knew the down low about this issue throughout but I couldn't help myself on finding out as much as possible. Long story short the powervision has a information clash with the bt module through the avc wire anytime the Pv is connected to the bike. Wheather it's for info display or auto tune purposes. This clash of info being sent from the Pv that gets recieved via the avc wire on the radio module makes the radio module freak out and do random things to the radio meaning volume up/down change tracks or possiblely stop the hand controls from working all together. Biketronics claims it will not cause any perminent damage to the control module. Dynojet also says although the radio module gets freaked out it doesn't cause any issues or glitches with the powervision at all.

AAWAV has informed me that by disconnecting the avc wire from the radio control module that the issue is completely resolved becouse the powervision can no long communicate with the radio module. This is at the expense of no longer having avc odviously. Dynojet and biketronics also agreed with this being a cure for the problem. Although they are working on a better cure for the problem this is a fix for now.

I'm not posting this becouse I'm the first to find out this info becouse I'm not. I'm simply posting becouse I've spent a lot of time on this forum for some time now and never read one single thing about this issue until after I had ordered the power vision. Not to mention I simply stumbled across this info on a basically unrelated thread. So I assume there are people out there like myself that may still be unaware.

With all of this being said for those of you who know more about this than myself or have personal experience like AAWAV does please chime in and let me know how your bike reacted to the Pv with the bt radio module. Did your hand controls not work? Did it make your volume turn up or down randomly? Change songs by itself?

I don't use the avc on my bike so if disconnecting the wire will cure this issues I'm open to that idea, please share if this fix has worked for you.

Last edited by ridedaddy; 07-23-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,788 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Okay...I just installed the retro radio kit with new HU and four new BT speakers.....I also have the PV1 and didn't know about this problem till AFTER install.......had no probs as of yet but will be keeping my eye on it.
The only issue I have now really is trying to keep the Hogtunes powered hidden antenna away from the amp.......I get better reception with the stock antenna wiring WITHOUT an antenna installed!!

Old 07-24-2014, 08:46 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master

Have you just flashed the bike or are you actually running the Pv on the bike for gauge display or auto tuning? The Pv has to be physically connected to the bike to cause the issue.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:07 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm not posting this becouse I'm the first to find out this info becouse I'm not. I'm simply posting becouse I've spent a lot of time on this forum for some time now and never read one single thing about this issue until after I had ordered the power vision. Not to mention I simply stumbled across this info on a basically unrelated thread. So I assume there are people out there like myself that may still be unaware.
RideDad... there is a thread here I started, bringing this issue up and Ultra even tested some stuff, etc. link below... in case you did not know, the forum search sucks (sorry - I am a computer Geek). I use simple Google and type like [hdforums biketronics PV volume] or [hdforums biketronics powervision] and you will see the thread pop up.
As Dynojet is in Las Vegas, I even rode down there and showed it to them...
they were initially blaming it on the aftermarket HU - BS!!!!
been chasing their .ss since then every 3 weeks or so to give me an update.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ketronics.html

Old 07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ridedaddy
Have you just flashed the bike or are you actually running the Pv on the bike for gauge display or auto tuning? The Pv has to be physically connected to the bike to cause the issue.
Correct... if you use the PV just to flash (and run some autotunes before of course) and then remove from the bike, there are NO issues.
only and only when attached to the bike...

Old 07-24-2014, 05:50 PM
ridedaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by AAWAV
RideDad... there is a thread here I started, bringing this issue up and Ultra even tested some stuff, etc. link below... in case you did not know, the forum search sucks (sorry - I am a computer Geek). I use simple Google and type like [hdforums biketronics PV volume] or [hdforums biketronics powervision] and you will see the thread pop up.
As Dynojet is in Las Vegas, I even rode down there and showed it to them...
they were initially blaming it on the aftermarket HU - BS!!!!
been chasing their .ss since then every 3 weeks or so to give me an update.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ketronics.html
Thanks man, and yes the search function does suck. I was unable to find anything while searching. I had stated I was not the first I was just hoping a few people would see this becouse I'm sure I'm not the only one who was unaware of this issue.