Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can see clearly now!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I can see clearly now!!

Well, as you guys know, I have a Road Glide. The angle of the head unit makes it extremely difficult to see due to the fact that it is always angled up. Well, this Kenwood BT958HD has that issue solved! Riding to work today, I was able to see the screen! I was able to make out the track that was playing, the time remaining on the track, the artist, and everything else that was showing on the screen. If that works on a Road Glide, I know you Batwing owners would have no problems with visibility in sunlight. Just figured I'd let you guys know...there is a huge difference between a $100 head unit, and one of a little higher quality. The cheap one is long gone now and im loving this new Kenwood....especially since I can see clearly now...

Old 07-31-2014, 11:15 AM
chip594
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm jealous! I'd love to be able to swap out my stock HK HU and still be able to keep my CB :-\

Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by chip594
I'm jealous! I'd love to be able to swap out my stock HK HU and still be able to keep my CB :-\
With the technology and various apps available on smartphones nowadays, im surprised people actually still use CB radios. I use the Waze app when I need real time information of whats going on out on the roads. Waze allows people to post locations of police cars, accidents, construction, weather, traffic conditions, etc. Makes CB radios useless. Just an idea.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:14 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

looks like the POSI screen option will help a LOT with glare. appears to be a cool HU (reverse screen - so black font on colored back ground)

My Pioneer is really hard to read (3 lines) - and I wanted variable color setting due to my all green theme gauges and bike ilumination... this KW HU does it as well...
I actually black taped off the front of the tank shroud with 2 inch electr. tape

congrats

Old 07-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AAWAV
looks like the POSI screen option will help a LOT with glare. appears to be a cool HU (reverse screen - so black font on colored back ground)

My Pioneer is really hard to read (3 lines) - and I wanted variable color setting due to my all green theme gauges and bike ilumination... this KW HU does it as well...
I actually black taped off the front of the tank shroud with 2 inch electr. tape

congrats
Thanks. The more and more I play with this radio, the better it becomes. I found out last night that the variable color setting is able to be split between the display and the buttons. You can have the display one color...or variable colors while the buttons are one color or variable colors. Or you can have them both stay the same. I decided to do red display with the "orange" buttons to match the red oil/fuel gauges and "orange" tach/speedo gauges. looks pretty trick to me.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:40 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I have variable light displays on my JVC head unit. I play around with many variations and still have problems in the daylight. That Sony marine unit does look promising. The bt4180 will come first. A head unit swap would wait till winter...

Old 07-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like the 2014 model of my BT955HD. Can't find any major difference in the specs regarding the display. Mine is pretty legible during daylight as long as I don't have my rain cover on.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:02 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Eshaw, Looks like a nice unit. I had a Kenwood Excelon but the Cd skipped, Crutchfield took it back and I traded it in on the Alpine 9886, I like it except can't see the display very well, if you can see the display that's a big plus. Good luck man.

Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Eshaw, Looks like a nice unit. I had a Kenwood Excelon but the Cd skipped, Crutchfield took it back and I traded it in on the Alpine 9886, I like it except can't see the display very well, if you can see the display that's a big plus. Good luck man.
Yeah I can see it clearly in the daylight. Of course full on sunlight is a problem but for the most part, riding normal in normal light and this thing is awesome.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Luciano Budaszewski da Costa
Stage I

I just bought a HD Electra Ultra 2011.
Unfortunately the radio display is totally turned off kind of illumination was turned to much down. How can I fixed it as I can’t see anything?

Quick Reply: I can see clearly now!!