Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ASWC-1 / Metra install AND PROGRAMMING (left push as MUTE) Guide

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double post

Last edited by Bobber Jake; 04-15-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:16 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer

So after driving myself crazy searching for the answer I will just ask. I have the old ASWC on my bike. It is hard wired in. I am replacing it with the new one as the old one was cutting out last year (I will be re grounding the p/w after reading this thread). Can I use the existing wiring that was wired in according to the above schematic, I dont want to have to figure out all this wiring to reconnect it so I can use the metra plug.

Thanks

Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobber Jake
So after driving myself crazy searching for the answer I will just ask. I have the old ASWC on my bike. It is hard wired in. I am replacing it with the new one as the old one was cutting out last year (I will be re grounding the p/w after reading this thread). Can I use the existing wiring that was wired in according to the above schematic, I dont want to have to figure out all this wiring to reconnect it so I can use the metra plug.

Thanks
Bobber what ASWC are you currently using? Metra? And how exactly was it cutting out?

Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer

Yes I am using the metra. I had it in my old bike and it worked great. When that bike was totaled out I put it on my new bike. It will work when I first turn the bike on but then it will stop working, then it work intermittently while riding but it is such a pita that I stopped trying to use my thumb controls. But my p/w wire is just on one of the fairing mount bolts (road glide) so I think that might be my problem but bought the new metra already so going to use it.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:05 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bobber Jake
Yes I am using the metra. I had it in my old bike and it worked great. When that bike was totaled out I put it on my new bike. It will work when I first turn the bike on but then it will stop working, then it work intermittently while riding but it is such a pita that I stopped trying to use my thumb controls. But my p/w wire is just on one of the fairing mount bolts (road glide) so I think that might be my problem but bought the new metra already so going to use it.
The new Metra harness doesn't require the p/w wire to be cut and grounded. Have had some issues lately programming the new Metra. Try moving your current p/w wire to the ground on your amp if you're running one.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:15 AM
Bobber Jake
Tourer

Originally Posted by SBates08
The new Metra harness doesn't require the p/w wire to be cut and grounded. Have had some issues lately programming the new Metra. Try moving your current p/w wire to the ground on your amp if you're running one.
I will use the amp ground. However does that mean I cannot just plug the new ASWC-1 into the old plug?

And if not, does anyone have a wiring diagram for hard wiring the new one in. Really wish I would have never cut the wiring!!!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:00 AM
Mklitzke
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I'm new here looking for some help. Need to replace my factory radio. I have the meta wiring harness, the handle bar controller. On my factory radio it has two plugs on the back a 23pin and a bigger one. My kit came with a connector for the 23 pin but I can't find anything for the other connector. Would seem weird to just leave on connector that size unplugged. What am I missing?
Thanks

Old 05-19-2018, 12:59 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mklitzke
Ok I'm new here looking for some help. Need to replace my factory radio. I have the meta wiring harness, the handle bar controller. On my factory radio it has two plugs on the back a 23pin and a bigger one. My kit came with a connector for the 23 pin but I can't find anything for the other connector. Would seem weird to just leave on connector that size unplugged. What am I missing?
Thanks
You're not missing anything. You'll only use the plug that comes with the kit.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:01 PM
Mklitzke
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then what is the other plug for?