Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom audio system full review

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
I agree with Nutz and call BS on this as well . . . .
Call me number 3 because im calling BS too. No way you need to update your charging system. I have two amps, lights, chargers all over the bike, and a few other goodies and NOT ONCE has my charging light or battery light come on when all is in operation...and trust me, there have been a few bike nites when I was a little nervous about having so much stuff on at once. Looks to me like that dealer is trying to hustle you again...this time for a charging system upgrade that's already present on 2012+ touring bikes. Do yourself a favor OP....save money and find yourself a new dealer. If one isnt around, find a good Indy and make them your friend.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:36 AM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Call me number 3 because im calling BS too. No way you need to update your charging system. I have two amps, lights, chargers all over the bike, and a few other goodies and NOT ONCE has my charging light or battery light come on when all is in operation...and trust me, there have been a few bike nites when I was a little nervous about having so much stuff on at once. Looks to me like that dealer is trying to hustle you again...this time for a charging system upgrade that's already present on 2012+ touring bikes. Do yourself a favor OP....save money and find yourself a new dealer. If one isnt around, find a good Indy and make them your friend.
My dealer is great. Its the HD website that recommends the upgrade, but thanks.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

DD24V, I would hope you cancel your order before it ships or it is ordered. Please take the advice of many that have gone down the same path and ended up switching the Boom out. I am not personally one of them but just put in a system and took out a boom system for a buddy a couple weeks ago. He wanted Kicker speakers and PA RZ4-2000 (I have Bt7.1s and same amp) and here is a review on the PA RZ4 if you haven't seen it:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-pn4-520d.html

I hate seeing people spend money that could have been used for something much much better. However, in the end if you are happy that is all that truly matters. Keep us posted on your thoughts and review.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 AM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagger_Vance
DD24V, I would hope you cancel your order before it ships or it is ordered. Please take the advice of many that have gone down the same path and ended up switching the Boom out. I am not personally one of them but just put in a system and took out a boom system for a buddy a couple weeks ago. He wanted Kicker speakers and PA RZ4-2000 (I have Bt7.1s and same amp) and here is a review on the PA RZ4 if you haven't seen it:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-pn4-520d.html

I hate seeing people spend money that could have been used for something much much better. However, in the end if you are happy that is all that truly matters. Keep us posted on your thoughts and review.
To OP: almost all the regular guys, including the Moderator of the Audio Forum (ultra) responded negatively to your choice... I 100% agree with them... for 700 bucks you can buy a way louder and better sounding system than the Ka-Boom...

there are many options as you most likely have read up upon... "we" are all here to help (and prevent others from making the same "mistakes" many of us have made in the past).

but, then again, in the end it is you that needs to be happy...

Old 09-02-2014, 11:03 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry OP - but I think most of us will agree on this site

you got a good deal on teh HD boom, but wasted $700

the HD Boom is better than stock, that is where it ends

almost EVERYTHING else that is out there on the market with any amp and any combo of speakers is a better option, and for $700 you can get that installed as well

as for the charging system, who knows, there are plenty of bikes out there with amps running on stock charging systems, no issues

but those speakers and amp in the boom kit are a waste of $700

Old 09-02-2014, 12:16 PM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser

Thanks for all the opinions guys. Going to give them a call and cancel my order. You guys are great.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:01 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDave24v
Thanks for all the opinions guys. Going to give them a call and cancel my order. You guys are great.
Greatest guys I know! and you'll be very happy you listened! I know we can be a little harsh sometimes but we have all been down the buyers remorse road and the guys are just trying to save you the grief. myself included. Keep us posted on your choices and good luck!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:52 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDave24v

Old 09-02-2014, 02:48 PM
AAWAV
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Greatest guys I know! and you'll be very happy you listened! I know we can be a little harsh sometimes but we have all been down the buyers remorse road and the guys are just trying to save you the grief. myself included. Keep us posted on your choices and good luck!
dig around a bit on the audio forum. sorry, did not read the whole thread so do not know your current setup (pods, lowers, ???; i know it is a 2014), just back at work, swamped...

post your initial choice and we will bless (or not LOL).

Old 09-02-2014, 05:23 PM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser
Default 2014 FLHTK Audio Upgrade

Order was canceled and money has been refunded. Again thanks to all for talking me off the cliff!

I am not trying to be lazy, but the 2014 ultra limited audio upgrade thread confuses the **** out of me. MY electronics knowledge isn't what it should be.

Basically I want to keep the stock head unit and all its functionality, but have better sound. I am also not building a show bike or going to any audio competitions.

I would love to hear your recommendations on reliable systems. I would prefer it be a kit that isn't something I have to piece together.

I have budgeted about 1K for this. Thanks again folks

Quick Reply: Boom audio system full review