Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bt2180 & 7.1 Flash ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:47 AM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default bt2180 & 7.1 Flash ?

So I had radio flashed before install and may have made mistake in telling them flash for 1amp 2speaker.I do not plan on adding any more is reason did not go with one amp 8 speaker like recommended.

Issue is just don't think it is hitting as hard or as loud as should or could be.
Rockford posted a screen shot somewhere on here and it looks like there are a lot of options for tech when flashing unit.

The question is can someone tell me or show me screen shot of exactly what to have tech flash they seamed as clueless as me.

Is there option's for Harley speakers vs after market boom amp vs other ?
anyone have site that actually lets us see full menu on tech tool ?

Old 09-16-2014, 12:06 PM
nofd843
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the reply I got from Biketronics when I asked if I could flash before or if I had to wait until after, I also asked which flash did I need...

"You can flash the radio at your soonest convenience, before or after the install is fine. You want the "one amp" flash. This levels out the HD dsp eq, which helps maximize the output from our amp and speakers.

Thank you for your inquiry and keep us posted!

Robin"

Old 09-16-2014, 12:18 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Thank you nofd843. Question can you turn volume all the way up and have very little distortion? do u think u have lots more base than before. other thing I noticed is before up grade radio sounded ok usb music sounded great . Now kinda seams other way . Both sound ok just not like 180 watts and considering how much more heavy duty these speakers are than stock boom was expecting more bass. instructions say don't matter on rca jacks polarity did you switch anything around on install ?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:19 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Also stock speakers are 2ohm and bt 4ohm dose dealer need to change something. I am lost help me.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:35 PM
4nic8
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say for sure and I don't think anyone can really as no one is privy to the code setup for the DSP but 1 amp for 2 speakers vs 2 amps 8 speakers, the flash shouldn't be any different except potentially it's only removing DSP settings for front left and front right channels with the first option.

As for your system, make sure the speakers are in phase. (Positive to positive negative to negative) also if consider the polyfill wrap on the speakers in the batwing, I know bill isn't big on it but In my past life it always made a difference in sound, however that was generally in small sealed environments where you were looking to trick the sound waves into believing their was more space (in laymans terms anyway) outside of that it could just be your not big on the tone of those speakers. The thing is "best speakers" is different for everyone, some like a warm sounding tweeter with punchy mid bass, some like strong cymbal highs and a more full bass sounding speaker. So it's also entirely possible the sound of those speakers is not for you, also possible in any other enclosure type they may be your favorite. Hard part is in the 90s with car audio at its peak you could go anywhere and hear all different levels of speakers and amps, now it's harder a lot more buy and try with all the consolidation. We also have a very tough environment with having a motorcycle.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:31 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

understood what you are saying 4nic8 . Anyone else with this setup would love to here what your impressions are.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Scott14SG
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't have that amp but did install the 7.1's. Installed the amp and speakers according to the directions, had the amp flashed the first time not knowing about the Rockford Fosgate sheet that says set it for amp 1-no, amp 2-no and 8 speakers. The dealer tried all settings and couldn't get any sound, reflashed back to stock. I called RF tech support and they told me to hook up the REM wire (ignition hot wire) and try again. Haven't had time to get back to the dealer. Here's the sheet.

RF did tell me that they based that on them taking a bike to the local HD dealer and playing around with it. My dealer said that when you check the 8 speaker option it defaults to having amp 1&2-yes.

I don't know jack about electronics, I do have sound now and it's pretty loud actually I can turn it up enough at 75mph that I can't hear the pipes, however I'm as confused as ever about this flash stuff.