Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

'15 Road Glide w. Aerocharger Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '15 Road Glide w. Aerocharger Turbo

Just wanted to show off our new turbo shop bike -

Brad's new 2015 Road Glide 103 running an intercooled 53 Series Aerocharger system. A few more pics are up here. We had it on display at V-Twin expo a week or two back, now it just needs to hurry up and get warmer out already.

The following users liked this post:
BrownSanta (07-05-2016)
Old 04-17-2015, 03:03 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master
Received 137 Likes on 45 Posts

Jerry, Looks GREAT!

I have been eyeing your guys' system for a while now. Eventually I think that I will get one, but right now there are other needs/wants.

One question though... will you guys be making a setup that works with the bag guards? Last July I was cut off and had to dump the bike in order to not T-bone a car. The bag guards that I installed on my 14 SG helped keep the repair costs down to "just" 5900.00. I also love the way that they look...

thank!

Grant

Old 04-17-2015, 06:47 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Thats one serious looking dump pipe! Is it truly that diameter or is it a heatshield? What is the actual dumppipe diameter?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:43 AM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Seventy4blazer
Jerry, Looks GREAT!

I have been eyeing your guys' system for a while now. Eventually I think that I will get one, but right now there are other needs/wants.

One question though... will you guys be making a setup that works with the bag guards? Last July I was cut off and had to dump the bike in order to not T-bone a car. The bag guards that I installed on my 14 SG helped keep the repair costs down to "just" 5900.00. I also love the way that they look...

thank!

Grant
Thanks for the interest, Grant. At the moment this setup won't fit with bag guards, but enough folks have asked about 'em that our techs are looking into it. I'll keep ya posted.

Originally Posted by GraemeR;
Thats one serious looking dump pipe! Is it truly that diameter or is it a heatshield? What is the actual dumppipe diameter?
That's the full diameter right there. A flow-through afterpipe is all that's required since the turbo absorbs all the sound that a muffler would. It's a cleaner look coming off the turbo as well. Here's what it sounds like -->

Old 04-18-2015, 07:59 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

well... that sounds pretty damn good...

I can deal with only one pipe. It fully makes sense. form follows function.

the bag guard bars are a must for me though... Once you guys get that worked out, count me in for a system...

Last edited by Seventy4blazer; 04-18-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 AM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

Another question, Do you guys have anyone running your setup with extended bags? I am looking at something like the Ness "down and out" bags and want to make sure that there wouldnt be any heat issues.

http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/Bags1.asp

Old 04-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor

Another question, Do you guys have anyone running your setup with extended bags? I am looking at something like the Ness "down and out" bags and want to make sure that there wouldnt be any heat issues.

http://www.arlenness.com/prodcat/Bags1.asp
Good question - this system should be compatible with any extended bag that fits a 4" pipe. Heat isn't too much of a factor with our afterpipe - the turbo is going to absorb a lot of the thermal energy, and there aren't any baffles in the pipe that would trap heat in. We also Cerakote the pipe for an extra layer of heat protection.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Seventy4blazer
Road Master

Would it be possible to order the after pipe in a longer length as well? Meant to ask this on the last post...

Old 04-30-2015, 12:38 PM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor

Would it be possible to order the after pipe in a longer length as well? Meant to ask this on the last post...
We don't have any options as of yet, but we can give you a quote for any customizations you'd like for your application - write harley@aerocharger.com for info. Other customers have installed their own aftermarket tips on our system with good results.

Old 05-24-2015, 10:46 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the Aerocharger turbo stress the internals of the engine ?

I was wondering about reliability factor with this system, say if I would install on my 2011 fhlrkc that has 20K miles on it with TW222 cams?

Quick Reply: '15 Road Glide w. Aerocharger Turbo