Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

124" + Aerocharger + Dragos = TQ!!

Old 07-22-2016, 09:31 PM
FRANK DRAGO
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some pics of install

Attached Thumbnails 124" + Aerocharger + Dragos = TQ!!-image.jpeg  
Old 07-22-2016, 09:32 PM
FRANK DRAGO
Advanced

Inter cooler

Attached Thumbnails 124" + Aerocharger + Dragos = TQ!!-image.jpeg  
Old 07-23-2016, 10:04 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nice chain drive there buddy

Old 08-27-2016, 12:36 PM
FRANK DRAGO
Advanced

I have been putting some miles on this bike. All I can say is wow have customers ride it and they have the same reaction I have.
I'm hoping next week the bike will back on Dyno and we add some more boost. Going to try 8 psi 9 psi first.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:04 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 440 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Passion in doing what you all do

I am considering an Airocharger over the other Turbos available as they seam to make the most sense but I have no experience with any Turbo. I like the idea of Turbos as they seam to work well in my airplanes. Low parasitic drag = more usable HP per gallon of fuel. Are the Airocharger units a "Forever" unit (obviously they need to be rebuilt as every moving thing does)?

As stated above I do not do motors & I am just a customer. My question is not about the Turbo but Turbo related. Given S&S 124 stock. I do not have the time to dedicate to this project but maybe a little. Without having to re-buy new parts I wish to address the following. Please could someone answer the following questions from those with experience for me & your readers:

OEM Inner & outer primary, are they strong enough or do they need modification or replacement?

Clutch, I have a few OEM clutches sitting around only which means I need something new (obviously). What will hold up and be reliable? I was thinking about a Bandit Sportsman (big $). I have one on my FXR for many years with no problems. Due to less static weight & lower inertia value than a Bandit, would the Bandit Bagger Belt drive work and be reliable. I ran a Belt drive back in the 70's and was a very unreliable POS.

Swing Arm, will a later model OEM 06~13 work or do I have to build my own? I see the current aluminum swing arms available are not acceptable to me.

I am happy that Jerry was able to save Airocharger from extinction as lawyers tend to destroy whatever they get involved with. Thank you to all of you in advance.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:28 AM
buell95
Road Warrior
Received 497 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I am considering an Airocharger over the other Turbos available as they seam to make the most sense but I have no experience with any Turbo. I like the idea of Turbos as they seam to work well in my airplanes. Low parasitic drag = more usable HP per gallon of fuel. Are the Airocharger units a "Forever" unit (obviously they need to be rebuilt as every moving thing does)?

As stated above I do not do motors & I am just a customer. My question is not about the Turbo but Turbo related. Given S&S 124 stock. I do not have the time to dedicate to this project but maybe a little. Without having to re-buy new parts I wish to address the following. Please could someone answer the following questions from those with experience for me & your readers:

OEM Inner & outer primary, are they strong enough or do they need modification or replacement?

Clutch, I have a few OEM clutches sitting around only which means I need something new (obviously). What will hold up and be reliable? I was thinking about a Bandit Sportsman (big $). I have one on my FXR for many years with no problems. Due to less static weight & lower inertia value than a Bandit, would the Bandit Bagger Belt drive work and be reliable. I ran a Belt drive back in the 70's and was a very unreliable POS.

Swing Arm, will a later model OEM 06~13 work or do I have to build my own? I see the current aluminum swing arms available are not acceptable to me.

I am happy that Jerry was able to save Airocharger from extinction as lawyers tend to destroy whatever they get involved with. Thank you to all of you in advance.

I run the bandit bagger belt drive on my bike with a S&S124 they do not offer a outboard bearing support for that drive and told me maybe this winter when things slow down they can make me one. I would diffently run a system with a outboard support if you want to go belt drive with a airocharger.

Old 09-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Aerocharger_Mat
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give us a call at the shop at 913-829-3400 and we can help you out. We have had the system installed with many different configurations, we can help guide you to make sure that your experience with and Aerocharger purchase is a good one anf that your bike is fun and reliable to ride.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:07 PM
ramx50
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Clutch, I have a few OEM clutches sitting around only which means I need something new (obviously). What will hold up and be reliable? I was thinking about a Bandit Sportsman (big $). I have one on my FXR for many years with no problems. Due to less static weight & lower inertia value than a Bandit, would the Bandit Bagger Belt drive work and be reliable. I ran a Belt drive back in the 70's and was a very unreliable POS

I can help with your clutch question.

The stock Harley clutch is very strong. I am running my stock Harley clutch on my 11 Procharged 120R SG @ over 230HP with only the addition of a SE locker and no problems so far with almost 10K hard running miles.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:12 AM
FRANK DRAGO
Advanced

Update we changed the spring it's has 10 psi boost. Have not played with vains on Aerocharger to bring boost in quicker yet.
I have to make bigger injectors for this monster. All I can saw wow!!!

Attached Thumbnails 124" + Aerocharger + Dragos = TQ!!-img_1316.jpg  
Old 10-10-2016, 03:34 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Jeez, you mean to say there is more left on the table?

That is pushing scary already!