Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Custom Turbo Build 2007 FXST

Old 03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
FadeToBlack03NT
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you using for tuning, a power commander or something similar? If that's the case, how user friendly is the tuning? Is it all on the handheld or is there a way to connect it to a laptop, etc. to make changes? I wonder how difficult it would be to implement something like a megasquirt standalone on these bikes...I too have a turbocharged pick up and would love to do something similar to what you've done.

Do you use an air/fuel gauge just like any other vehicle?

So you need larger injectors, a new map sensor, and a power commander or similar tuner, is that pretty much everything to get you started? Where did you run the oil return and feed from if you don't mind me asking, and do you have pictures of this?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:57 AM
Syclone354
Advanced

I have a power commander 5 on it. Im not too happy with it mainly because on turbo cars i like being able to tune the fuel table based on MAP sensor and rpm. All of the ones I have seen for bikes though go off of TPS and rpm. I am going to wire up a GM MAP and use the pc5 function for boost and that will hopefully work better. It gives you one map where it will apply enrichment based on that MAP sensor reading to your existing maps.

Go back and read the thread, and you should find all the answers to all of those questions.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:26 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will work with the PCV and its not that bad.. I am liking the Tmax with Auto tune and 2bar on it

Originally Posted by Syclone354
I have a power commander 5 on it. Im not too happy with it mainly because on turbo cars i like being able to tune the fuel table based on MAP sensor and rpm. All of the ones I have seen for bikes though go off of TPS and rpm. I am going to wire up a GM MAP and use the pc5 function for boost and that will hopefully work better. It gives you one map where it will apply enrichment based on that MAP sensor reading to your existing maps.

Go back and read the thread, and you should find all the answers to all of those questions.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Syclone354
Advanced

I do like the auto tune on the pcv, it does seem to get better every time i ride it. I am thinking that adding the map sensor will make me happy with it, but I do still need to get some bigger injectors.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:35 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I do like the auto tune on the pcv, it does seem to get better every time i ride it. I am thinking that adding the map sensor will make me happy with it, but I do still need to get some bigger injectors.
Frank can make you any size injectors you need .He just custom built me a set of 80lb/hr injectors.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 AM
AustinXL
Tourer

The TTS Mastertune uses MAP/RPM. Just so you know... Good job on the turbo as well.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:32 AM
UJUSTLOST
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates? I have built many turbo systems on cars, would love to build one for my Street Glide but I think the wife would kill me.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Syclone354
Advanced

A quick update. I just started messing with it again after a loooooong winter. I put a set of 60lb injectors in it, and I wired in a 3bar gm map sensor and changed the power commander over to map based tuning instead of tps. Its a whole different bike. I've only been about 100 miles on it and the auto tune is still cleaning up the map, but I am much more happy with it. I also activated the rev extend which feels like it revs another 1000 RPM and boy does it pull up top.

My brother made me a quick bracket for the boost gauge which turned out great. I can't decide whether to polish it or powder coat it black. I can finally see how much boost it makes, which is right at 15psi. After it gets some more riding time and the map feels good, i want to take it to the track to see what it can do.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Syclone354
Advanced

I also went back through the thread and fixed all of my broken picture links.

Old 11-26-2016, 06:54 AM
heath mitchell
Stage I

How did u wire your 2 bar map sensor