Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Aerocharger Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM
usturbine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Thanks for that. I'm still working on things, although its heading to winter down under so the cold shed is not that inviting in the evenings.

Ths week I managed to mount the fuel pump and regulator on a custom plate that fits in the front air scoop (so its totally removed from the left side of the bike per standard installs) and dry fitted the fuel lines - still needs a fair bit of work as to supporting the fuel lines so i sense another custom bracket in the making.

I also narrowed the turbo=>Manifold charge tube by about 3/4" so that when its all fitted up there is no stress on any of the fittings (I guess that a stock Dyna is wider than the old Evo FXR for some reason).

Today I'm going to remove the turbo to check out the spring in it and wrap the exhaust headers in tape as the fuel lines will run underneath the pipes so i do not want to take any risks.

How are you tracking with the manual...I could do with some pics of how to open the turbo up to inspect the spring.

Cheers
GraemeR

Started looking thru my manual archives and found the installation manual for the original Aerocharger kits from 1996 I installed that have the top inlet plenums and used the Mikiuni carbs. I also found setup instructions for the boost controller you have. I may have some more literature stored in some places I haven't had time to check yet.

I will scan the info I have. Do you have an email address I can send it to when I get it scanned?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi...PM Sent!

Thanks mate.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:04 PM
hdgrumpy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you still looking for the older mamual? i could send one if youd like even have two more units on for sporty and one danna

Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a co-worker that bought a used Aerocharger locally, and he didn't get any install instructions. He is installing it on a 2002 Softail, and his only questions about the install are fuel pump related. If anyone has the instructions for the pump & regulator routing, wiring, etc. that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

K.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 PM
hdgrumpy
Novice
Default how the old charger was set up

as sone as i can find out how to put my manal in a form so all that could see and use it ,ill get it up here Does any one know how to do this if not just pm me and we could send it some other way btw the fuel pump and regulator was set up behind a cover along with a bleed off where your horn use to be chris

Old 05-26-2012, 07:17 AM
hdgrumpy
Novice

I have the manaul in pdf file now but ti is to large for here. Anyone needing it pm me and ill send it chris Btw any one know how to figure out which older aerocharger i have. Heard you could measure the turbin fins ,but not sure. and whats the big deal of (dont take the band off or twist the two halves ?

Old 05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgrumpy
I have the manaul in pdf file now but ti is to large for here. Anyone needing it pm me and ill send it chris Btw any one know how to figure out which older aerocharger i have. Heard you could measure the turbin fins ,but not sure. and whats the big deal of (dont take the band off or twist the two halves ?
You the man!! PM on the way...

K.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:52 AM
GraemeR
Road Master

PM Sent from me too....

Old 05-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by GraemeR

How are you tracking with the manual...I could do with some pics of how to open the turbo up to inspect the spring.

Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glskvHdukiQ

Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 PM
GraemeR
Road Master

Cheers...I have downloaded that Video BUT my boost 'thingy' is not at all like the small aluminium one that they are useing. Mine is about twice the length and has 3 vacumm/boost inputs. I suspect its the generation prior to the one shown in the video.

What i cannot figure out is how to check to see what boost range it operates in. its going to be either 5PSI or 11PSI i think.

GR

Quick Reply: Aerocharger Manual?