Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Aerocharger

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:28 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Aerocharger

I exchanged some notes with the staff at Aerocharger and it seems an HD kit is in the making. It looks like the target is 08 and later bikes and they said check back soon. Soon is a relative term but it sounds very promising. I'd love to see Aerocharger get back into this space adding more choice for v-twin FI.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 AM
usturbine
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Haven't talked to Brian in awhile but last time he said he was working on some new kits.

Still have 3 Aerocharger bikes on the road 2 Ultras since 96 and my vrod bagger since 06. Over 140,000 combined trouble free miles.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usturbine
Haven't talked to Brian in awhile but last time he said he was working on some new kits.

Still have 3 Aerocharger bikes on the road 2 Ultras since 96 and my vrod bagger since 06. Over 140,000 combined trouble free miles.
We want to see pics of this VRod bagger....Please Mor than 1 too, please.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 PM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GaugeMods
We want to see pics of this VRod bagger....Please Mor than 1 too, please.
Here are some from various trips to Sturgis

Attached Thumbnails Aerocharger-getting-ready-for-sturgis-2012.jpg   Aerocharger-img_4454.jpg   Aerocharger-img_0012.jpg   Aerocharger-img_0015.jpg   Aerocharger-img_0856.jpg  

Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor

Oh man that is so kool
Nice job.....looks like it came from the factory that way. A water cooled, turbo bagger and HD to boot.

You need to post this in the touring section. You know how many peeps want a bagger with a VRod motor in it.......and it's got a turbo...You have it all Sir.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Man that looks friggin awesome. Way way better tan the plumbing nightmare that some other brands result in.

That's the key reason I like my Aerocharger as its so discreet that the majority of people do not even know its there. I like my sleeper FXR...

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GaugeMods
Oh man that is so kool
Nice job.....looks like it came from the factory that way. A water cooled, turbo bagger and HD to boot.

You need to post this in the touring section. You know how many peeps want a bagger with a VRod motor in it.......and it's got a turbo...You have it all Sir.
Jim

Thanks for the nice comments I may have posted it there a few years ago after I got it done. May update with a new post. I did the conversion in 2006. Its a 05 CVO. I first saw the vrod in 2002 at Sturgis and thought HD would bring out a tourer in a couple years. I wanted an HD water cooled bagger to get away from all the heat issues I have had with the Ultra over the years. Finally saw a vrod on EBAY that had the fairing and bags. Called the guy and it was sold. He told me a company in Cali Called Cyclevisions made the adapter kits for the fairing, saddlebags, floor boards, rear fender extension and front fender.

As fate would have it my local HD dealer had 2 leftover 05 CVO vrod discounted at XMAS time 05. I joking told her my plan and said if she doubled the discount I would be interested. About a half later she came over and offered me the double discount and a 20% discount on any parts I needed plus the 15% parts discount you get when you buy a new bike. Well I bought the bike and the rest is history. I have less invested in this bike with the turbo than an Ultra CVO.

Dennis

Old 04-19-2013, 08:19 AM
usturbine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Man that looks friggin awesome. Way way better tan the plumbing nightmare that some other brands result in.

That's the key reason I like my Aerocharger as its so discreet that the majority of people do not even know its there. I like my sleeper FXR...
GraemeR

Thanks

Brian at Turbo connection in Rapid City (www.boostisgood.com) has done a nice job on these kits. Not sure why they didn't go over better. Everyone that has seen these kits on My VROD and my ULTRA and my brothers Ultra have asked all the typical questions and where can I get one. The think that makes them so compact as you know is the variable vane and cold side self contained lubrication system so you don't need to lubricate with engine oil which needs a supply and return and a waste gate. the Aerocharger eliminates all that plumbing.

Enjoy and ride safe

Dennis

Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zer0t
I exchanged some notes with the staff at Aerocharger and it seems an HD kit is in the making. It looks like the target is 08 and later bikes and they said check back soon. Soon is a relative term but it sounds very promising. I'd love to see Aerocharger get back into this space adding more choice for v-twin FI.
Hey good to hear from you. We've been working on getting everything lined up for the new Aerocharger HD turbo system release, and with any luck we'll have a first look to share with everyone here on hdforums soon. Thanks again for your interest, it's an awesome kit and we're all pumped to get going on it.

...not HD related, but here's a short clip of what was keeping Aerocharger busy the last few months

Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by usturbine
GraemeR

Thanks

Brian at Turbo connection in Rapid City (www.boostisgood.com) has done a nice job on these kits. Not sure why they didn't go over better. Everyone that has seen these kits on My VROD and my ULTRA and my brothers Ultra have asked all the typical questions and where can I get one. The think that makes them so compact as you know is the variable vane and cold side self contained lubrication system so you don't need to lubricate with engine oil which needs a supply and return and a waste gate. the Aerocharger eliminates all that plumbing.

Enjoy and ride safe

Dennis
Can we see pics of the Ultra? Please? Both of them.

Quick Reply: Aerocharger