Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 05:33 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadstroke
It performs well.. It wont perform as well as other super chargers or turbos.. It is a mild upgrade. 30% to 50% in hp/tq.. Even with my build I dont think ill break 200hp but I am ok with that.. the way it looks, and ease of install, not to mention the price sold it to me.
What kind of build are you going to put this system on?

Old 08-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
What kind of build are you going to put this system on?
S&S 124 type setup.. I didnt buy a crate motor but the parts..

Old 08-07-2014, 04:57 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deadstroke
S&S 124 type setup.. I didnt buy a crate motor but the parts..
Are you going to build this 124" around the supercharger. Meaning crank work,h-beam rods,blower heads and cams,tuner/tuning etc.The reason I ask is the results good& bad can be totally different.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FastBagger07
Are you going to build this 124" around the supercharger. Meaning crank work,h-beam rods,blower heads and cams,tuner/tuning etc.The reason I ask is the results good& bad can be totally different.

Yep only thing I may need to change is the cams but we will see.

Old 09-28-2014, 01:06 PM
gmsii
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Blower Update!

Hello Everyone....I am actually on the HDBlower development team.

We apologize for the delays.

For the record, this project has absolutely not been abandoned. What happened was, as we started testing the 2014 bikes, we and many others in the industry realized that the acceptable crankshaft runout was increased from 0.004"TIR to 0.014"TIR....this sort of extremely loose tolerance required us to redesign our supercharger drivetrain. The solution was to decouple the connection between the crankshaft and the supercharger drivetrain. In the meantime, we also made improvements to the air intake section of the blower. We switched from a plastic mounting base (similar to OE Harley) to a aluminum mounting base because we had numerous requests from people wanting to be to chrome the entire system. But though inconvenient, making this change allowed us to reduce the number of parts in the system and also increase the volume of the intake plenum; both of which were good things You can read more about all the changes on the HDBlower website.

Before the VTwin Dealer show we were projecting a May '14 release, but because of the extensive changes that had to be made, we are now looking at Jan '15. Last week we made the first test shots of the supercharger housing (which is by far the most difficult piece to make) on production tooling.

Right now were are expanding the BETA testing the NEW design, but only locally in So. California.
For those that are interested to participate in the BETA test, there is information on the HDBLOWER website. But just as a summary, BETA kits will be $2500 installed, tuned, and dynoed. We have several bikes already on the road testing so we do not anticipate any issues with the system, but obviously any issues or updates will be handled directly at our facility by our R&D team.

I personally am putting lots of miles in the So Cal are on one of the test bikes ('14 street glide special); i'd be happy to cruise on by and let you all see and/or ride it if you are local to the SoCal area (Inland Empire, Orange County, Los Angeles, San Diego)

Last edited by gmsii; 09-28-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:20 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gmsii
Hello Everyone....I am actually on the HDBlower development team.

For the record, this project has absolutely not been abandoned. What happened was, as we started testing the 2014 bikes, we and many others in the industry realized that the acceptable crankshaft runout was increased from 0.004"TIR to 0.014"TIR....this sort of extremely loose tolerance required us to redesign our supercharger drivetrain. The solution was to decouple the connection between the crankshaft and the supercharger drivetrain. In the meantime, we also made improvements to the air intake section of the blower. We switched from a plastic mounting base (similar to OE Harley) to a aluminum mounting base because we had numerous requests from people wanting to be to chrome the entire system. But though inconvenient, making this change allowed us to reduce the number of parts in the system and also increase the volume of the intake plenum; both of which were good things.

Before the VTwin Dealer show we were projecting a May '14 release, but because of the extensive changes that had to be made, we are now looking at Jan '15. Last week we made the first test shots of the supercharger housing (which is by far the most difficult piece to make) on production tooling.

Right now were are BETA testing the NEW design, but only locally in So. California.
For those that are interested to participate in the BETA test, there is information on the HDBLOWER.com website. But just as a summary, BETA kits will be $2500 installed, tuned, and dynoed.
This Blower your running I was told that it is a static type of blower is this true.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:29 PM
gmsii
3rd Gear

I'm not sure I know what you mean by a 'static' blower...perhaps you can clarify

We are using a centrifugal blower...but the main difference from the other centrifugal blowers on the market is the high rpm capability of the unit we are using....the high rpm capabilities allow us to use a much smaller compressor and still move a large volume of air

Old 09-28-2014, 02:51 PM
blackx-runner
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to seeing the progress on this. Looks like a nice clean install.
I have been running a rotrex supercharger on my truck for years. They are awesome blowers and incredibly efficient.

Old 09-28-2014, 09:26 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gmsii
I'm not sure I know what you mean by a 'static' blower...perhaps you can clarify

We are using a centrifugal blower...but the main difference from the other centrifugal blowers on the market is the high rpm capability of the unit we are using....the high rpm capabilities allow us to use a much smaller compressor and still move a large volume of air
To be honest with you I've never heard of one myself. I thought maybe you could explain what the difference was.LOL

Old 09-28-2014, 10:02 PM
gmsii
3rd Gear

Here's a pic of the hdblower on the glide I'm rolling around on

Here's a pic of the new plenum design

Here's a pic of the glide (103ci) on the Dyno...with just a pipe and hdblower it is making 123hp at the wheels...stock with pipe dynoed at 75hp

Here's a pic of the other in house test bike...blackline (103ci)...with pipe, cams, and blower it makes 137 hp at the wheels

Here's some pics of first test shots out of production tools

Last edited by gmsii; 09-28-2014 at 10:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?