Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 01:53 AM
ThaiTony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The screenshot didnīt attach here it is (I hope).

Attached Thumbnails Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?-hdblower.jpg  
Old 02-12-2015, 07:49 PM
gmsii
3rd Gear

hello tony-

let me reply to your questions...

we are having some problems with the hdblower site...someone hacked it so now it is being rebuilt...in the meantime, you can get info from the HDblower facebook page or from kraftwerksusa.com

the beta-test was a closed beta, so they werent supposed to 'chime in'...but now that we are releasing the kit...we can tell them to...however i must say the guys with kits on their bikes arent really internet message forum participants....you are more than welcome to wait until there are more kits on the road and there is more chatter and feedback before you make a purchasing decision...thats always a safe route to take. In terms of power, an increase of 50% hp and 25% tq has held true thus far.

reagarding the exhaust....stock exhaust needs to modified to fit..usually dinging the pipe is sufficient, worst case a two-cuts, rotate, and weld will usually do the trick....as for aftermarket pipes there are so many that it is hard to say at this point what fits without modification and what doesnt. we change the pipes on the blackline for looks and power...the V&H pipes on the black line didnt need to be modified at all....our plan to is make a plastic gauge that we can send out to people so they can check clearance between their exhaust and cam cover to determine if the blower unit will fit their exhaust without modifications; but we are still in the process of designing that.

finally, to address your last question....as long as the centerline of the chain didnt change, then there should be no problem with using our kit designed for the roller chain...you can tune the big just fine with the tts....however because we never tested on the 96, i dont know if you will be making too much boost with the current pulley set-up....we may need to increase the blower pulley size in order to slow the blower down (if necessary)

Old 02-12-2015, 08:19 PM
ThaiTony
Advanced

Originally Posted by gmsii
hello tony-

we are having some problems with the hdblower site...someone hacked it so now it is being rebuilt...in the meantime, you can get info from the HDblower facebook page or from kraftwerksusa.com

the beta-test was a closed beta, so they werent supposed to 'chime in'...but now that we are releasing the kit...we can tell them to...however i must say the guys with kits on their bikes arent really internet message forum participants....you are more than welcome to wait until there are more kits on the road and there is more chatter and feedback before you make a purchasing decision...thats always a safe route to take. In terms of power, an increase of 50% hp and 25% tq has held true thus far.

reagarding the exhaust....stock exhaust needs to modified to fit..usually dinging the pipe is sufficient, worst case a two-cuts, rotate, and weld will usually do the trick....as for aftermarket pipes there are so many that it is hard to say at this point what fits without modification and what doesnt. we change the pipes on the blackline for looks and power...the V&H pipes on the black line didnt need to be modified at all....our plan to is make a plastic gauge that we can send out to people so they can check clearance between their exhaust and cam cover to determine if the blower unit will fit their exhaust without modifications; but we are still in the process of designing that.

finally, to address your last question....as long as the centerline of the chain didnt change, then there should be no problem with using our kit designed for the roller chain...you can tune the big just fine with the tts....however because we never tested on the 96, i dont know if you will be making too much boost with the current pulley set-up....we may need to increase the blower pulley size in order to slow the blower down (if necessary)
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I donīt have Facebook, hence the forum and the website. I have been checking the Kraftwerks site.

Do you have an ETA on the exhaust ĻtemplateĻ and when will you know if the pulley needs to be changed or not ?

Thanks again.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:22 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmsii
hello tony-

Do you have any Dyno sheets to back your claims.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Wrenchy
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Interested in this... keep the info comin! Updates on when the website will be fixed too.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Deadstroke
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Updates are not their strong point thats for sure.. I was supposed to have one by now, I was in the first round of shops getting them but I haven't heard and thing in 3 weeks. I am guessing this will be great for the mild builds and not the 124s of the world. I was hoping the price point would be a little lower as well. We will see, all I have heard are rough guesses on prices..

Old 03-23-2015, 02:45 PM
ThaiTony
Advanced

Originally Posted by Deadstroke
Updates are not their strong point thats for sure.. I was supposed to have one by now, I was in the first round of shops getting them but I haven't heard and thing in 3 weeks. I am guessing this will be great for the mild builds and not the 124s of the world. I was hoping the price point would be a little lower as well. We will see, all I have heard are rough guesses on prices..

Yeah it makes you wonder how much support you will get after the sale that is for sure !!

Information costs nothing, $4000 is not an amount I can throw on the crap table .

Itīs a shame because the concept and everything else looks so promising but without backup and after sales service it seems like a gamble.....

Old 04-24-2015, 03:19 AM
ThaiTony
Advanced

Well it seems like they are being sold now. Has anyone bought one or know someone who has?

I would be interested in a report / some information if possible.......

Old 04-27-2015, 09:37 AM
12, Bob Street
Advanced

I, too, am watching and waiting for some updated information on this product. I find it weird that they're not proactively doing damage control in this thread... I hope that doesn't speak about their customer support.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:46 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

They are not impressing me any...

Quick Reply: Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?