Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Supercharger Kit by HD Blower - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:05 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Yeah it seemed like a pretty slick deal. I really liked the idea that would let me keep my lowers.....

Oh Well... One less fight I have to have with Momma...

Old 03-23-2016, 03:12 PM
ThaiTony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Yeah it seemed like a pretty slick deal. I really liked the idea that would let me keep my lowers.....

Oh Well... One less fight I have to have with Momma...
It must have cost them a small fortune to develop it to what ever stage it's at now. But virtually nothing even on their web site (www.Kraftwerksusa.com) or their Face book page.

You would think they would be looking for some return by now!!!

Old 03-27-2016, 10:59 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

I have installed one and tried to get it tuned on the dyno. The pinion coupler spun on the shaft and scissored the crank.

You bolt the base of the blower in the location of the stock cam cover. There are no dowels or anyway of making sure this third bearing support is in line with case bearing or cam plate bushing. Loosely install a stock cam cover. You will see the play available with the bolt holes. The blower will do the same.

The air filter is basically crammed behind the body of the blower and sucks ait straight of the cylinders. Most of the blower needs to be removed for service of this filter.

The pop off is all metal and in non boost conditions. Really sounds like a piston is slapping.

Dealing with the company was a joke. I was told several times that it had been shipped only to wait several days to find out it is going to be shipped in a couple more weeks. I never felt like the guy I dealt with was giving me the full story on anything. He talked about all the units that they had sold over seas and how well they were doing, but when I contacted them for a basic calibration. They had nothing.

The end result. A fly wheel so for out of wack that it damaged oil pump, cam plate, pistons, cylinders, pinion shaft, and flywheel. The cam plate pinion bushing was welded to the pinion. They did refund the base cost of the blower. The money the customer put out for install, mark up of product, dyno time, and everything that went along with getting the engine back together and on the road as a running engine again. Was left to me and the customer to figure out.

I had a line of 3-4 customers that were really showing interest. I was advising them to wait to see how the first one would work out. Needless to say. I don't recommend these to anyone. Several things need to be addressed with the company and the product. I know my contact no longer works there. The company was very interested in my review, and was more than willing to listen to me. FWIW

Old 03-28-2016, 12:41 AM
ThaiTony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
I have installed one and tried to get it tuned on the dyno. The pinion coupler spun on the shaft and scissored the crank.

You bolt the base of the blower in the location of the stock cam cover. There are no dowels or anyway of making sure this third bearing support is in line with case bearing or cam plate bushing. Loosely install a stock cam cover. You will see the play available with the bolt holes. The blower will do the same.

The air filter is basically crammed behind the body of the blower and sucks ait straight of the cylinders. Most of the blower needs to be removed for service of this filter.

The pop off is all metal and in non boost conditions. Really sounds like a piston is slapping.

Dealing with the company was a joke. I was told several times that it had been shipped only to wait several days to find out it is going to be shipped in a couple more weeks. I never felt like the guy I dealt with was giving me the full story on anything. He talked about all the units that they had sold over seas and how well they were doing, but when I contacted them for a basic calibration. They had nothing.

The end result. A fly wheel so for out of wack that it damaged oil pump, cam plate, pistons, cylinders, pinion shaft, and flywheel. The cam plate pinion bushing was welded to the pinion. They did refund the base cost of the blower. The money the customer put out for install, mark up of product, dyno time, and everything that went along with getting the engine back together and on the road as a running engine again. Was left to me and the customer to figure out.

I had a line of 3-4 customers that were really showing interest. I was advising them to wait to see how the first one would work out. Needless to say. I don't recommend these to anyone. Several things need to be addressed with the company and the product. I know my contact no longer works there. The company was very interested in my review, and was more than willing to listen to me. FWIW
WOW!!!

Thanks for all that, I guess it says it all!!

This is the ONLY review I have read about the blower, and I suppose I suspected as much, It goes to explain a lot.

I don't think I'll be buying one while living in Thailand.......

Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 PM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ThaiTony
Nothing thais aethetically pleasing to the eye however. The way they went about it is mechanically inpressive along with the Roterex.

Just came back to see if there was any progress.....

Even their web page and FaceBook are still not giving much info.

It's a shame really!!!
I don't think it's any better than the Aerodharger look. If you have a bigger it's hardly noticeable. The plumbing on my ATP is quite slick and sits in quite nicely.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:43 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78

Not picking a fight here but could not of the crank scissored and then sheared the pinion coupler, Twin cams can do cranks stock,could it of lunched itself due to the extra grunt and done the damage by massive deceleration ?, was the crank welded ? I know I'm resurrecting an old dead post but yea I'm curious .

Old 10-27-2020, 09:44 AM
JBFXDG
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one of these and around $5K in parts and labor over a 6 year period setting in a box in my shop. Except mine was sold from Woody's Blower Technologies in the early 2000s. Neat concept, hadn't seen this re-boot though. The only thing you're missing out on is the feeling of regret...