Blowers/Turbos/Nitrous Oxide For you Gear Heads. Here is the place to discuss your souped-up, sophisticated, out of control and money pit monsters.

Installing the Aeorcharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 05:32 AM
zer0t
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Way cheaper than a 120R motor and install with more power. I can pull it off when it's time to sell if the purchaser isn't interested.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 AM
GraemeR
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

No more expensive than a stage 4 or 5 kit and still more reliable power than either. Plus I can pull my unit and install it on another bike with bugger all rework.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:06 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

I like it! I want one!!!!!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:36 AM
zer0t
Road Captain

Call Aerocharger!

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 AM
zer0t
Road Captain

Let me update some of the installation work that I've been doing. It's been modest mostly related to get some vacuum line parts. The instructions incorrectly state that the vacuum lines are 3/16" but I think they are 1/8" so I need to order a different vacuum connector/reducer for the manifold and a different tee for the BOV and MAP sensor. They should be here in a couple days.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:20 PM
GraemeR
Road Master

Awesome!....I ended up buying Silicon Vaccum hose from EBay as it handles the heat way better than rubber as well as not being prone to collapsing due to the thicker sidewalls.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
zer0t
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GraemeR
Awesome!....I ended up buying Silicon Vaccum hose from EBay as it handles the heat way better than rubber as well as not being prone to collapsing due to the thicker sidewalls.
That's what I did as well and it looks better too. I bought a connector kit called hose candy--it basically snaps the connections together so you can disassemble and reassemble without struggling with the barbs. It's got plenty of snow in the forecast so I'm in no real hurry.

I'm going to ship my air cleaner out for paint tomorrow so I probably won't finish for another 2 weeks. I'll make it just in time to ride in March--if the snow ever leaves.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:43 PM
zer0t
Road Captain

OK--it's all done except I'm waiting for a new map sensor. Since my bike is a 2014 the appropriate power commander does not have a plug for the bosch that Power Commander includes. I soldered together some connectors and it works fine but I don't like the way it looks so I bought one from Accel. Power Commander will work with any three bar sensor and this one came with a plug in harness that I can connect to the terminals on the PC V USB. It should be here by Weds so I'll install it and work on the fuel map Saturday.

I also purchased an auto tune. And of course the 14 bike has presented me with further issues. The power connectors for 14 seemed to have changed so I am going to have to cut the connector and connect it to the batter and a ground like a generic kit. No biggie and I didn't really even need it but I like have the O2 sensor, please I'm not sure why.

The kit. The fit is really good but I'd have to say the exhaust bracket could be a touch longer. I filed the bolt holes a little bit to give me just a touch extra room. The header was basically laying on the clutch cover and now it's just close. The header is heat wrapped so we'll see how that works. The charge tube took a little work to get fitted and it's sitting on the side cover. I ordered some 3m clear bra so it doesn't mark up the paint and may put a 3" extensions tube below the BOV and before the bend toward the turbo itself.

I've completely reassembled the bike and it looks good. The turbo isn't jumping out in your face which I like.

Here are the latest photos:

Old 02-08-2014, 12:45 PM
zer0t
Road Captain

I just realized I have the reflectors on my front forks. I need to outside now and take care of that.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 PM
GraemeR
Road Master

and some better pics with proper lighting!

Quick Reply: Installing the Aeorcharger