Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Renting a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Crashy
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Renting a Harley

Hello, I am an experienced motorcycle rider but have never ridden a Harley and would like to rent one for a day here in southern Ontario. I looked at HD's website and it seems several Harley dealers around here rent them out, but the costs seem quite prohibitive. To rent a fat boy from 9am to 5pm is well over $300 and you only get 300 kms free (I would probably put on double that) and who knows what the additional costs are for the extra mileage. Does anyone know of any dealers that rent out a Harley for a day for more reasonable costs? Ideally I would pick it up in the morning, ride around southern ontario (probably cruise around the roads north of kingston, I love that area, maybe about 500-600 kms), and return it in the evening. I am located in toronto but don't mind riding or driving to a nearby town to pick it up.

Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 AM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the going rate man, now if you wanna spend a weekend in the USA they are way cheaper! you dont have a friend who is willing to let you try it out??

Old 08-28-2015, 04:51 PM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Yikes, that's expensive. I'm renting from Eaglerider (in the States) and with all the fees added in, it's more like $200US.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:07 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

While getting your Harley serviced, you can rent for a discount. I'm renting a 2015 Fatboy next Friday while my Trike is being serviced...$75, everything included, including taxes...just return with same amount of gas you started with. I've done this several times, and it gave me time to try different bikes.

I rented a 2014 Trike from Eagle Rider in Orlando for a week last May. Trikes are expensive...and I think I formed a mental block on the cost. But, that thing was beat to heck. 1st gear was stripped out, scratches on every surface, and previous renter broke the infotainment screen.

So...in my limited experience, Harley rents as a marketing tool, so their bikes are newer and better maintained.

You might want to compare costs to travel to the U.S. And rent, versus higher Canadian costs...But, by the time you factor in travel, and the $ value you might be better off paying more locally.

If you are seriously considering buying a Harley, maybe you can make some kind of deal for them to credit the rental cost against a new bike.

Eh?