Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Buzz363
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find Barnes in Langley to be pretty good overall. Bought one bike there and have had a few serviced. The HD dealer in Burlington Washington has helpful staff as well.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:51 PM
Simwando
5th Gear

Not a HD dealer, (which is a good thing). S&A Motorcycle Dyno in Manitoba. Specializes in HD performance only! Performance motors-dyno tuning. A couple of my friends have been there and were blown away by the honest service and the quality of work. My bike is going there this year.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:13 PM
ARBOC
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great parts accessories at winnipeg HD. Same with the girls in the clothing area

When I was looking for an amber whiskey SGS I was told they needed $1000 to even start looking for one. I called Yorkton HD the next day. They had one. I drove out and picked it up. Service is on the expensive side. The gas lid door on the SGS was sticking after I had it for a week. HD Winnipeg charged me $80 to look at it and adjust it. When I brought it in for the hydraulic clutch recall the left grip was loose when I picked it up. They charged me $60 to re glue it
I bought a used crossbones from gaslight harley. Was treated awesome but Rudy and the staff. I felt very welcomed. I sent my son there to buy his first Harley a month after. He was treated the same way. I'll be going back.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Taylor93
Intermediate

I deal with Mackie HD in Oshawa Ontario and those guys are super. Very knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to help.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:00 AM
pacrimmech
Novice

Steve Drane HD in Victoria, BC is just awful.

Went there to inquire about purchasing a wrinkle black horn cover. Without even looking up at me the guy behind the counter just said "No we don't have that." and he walked away.

Stupidly I ordered a few parts for delivery up island and when the delivery guy couldn't find my house he called yelling at my wife to give him better instructions to our place.

Since then I have begun dealing with Barnes HD in Langley, BC and they are just amazing. Kevin sold me my 2014 FXDB which I had planned on buying from Drane's until all the bad service I received.

I have steered 3 of my friends away from Drane's for their bike purchases and they have gone to other dealerships here on the west coast. I guess the inconvenience of helping me with ordering a wrinkle black horn cover has thus far cost the Victoria dealership well over $90,000 in new bike sales.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:47 AM
dn.bnntt
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=pacrimmech;13712983]Steve Drane HD in Victoria, BC is just awful.

Exact same experience with Steve Drane, couldn't take it. I think they thought the ferry meant they could do whatever they wanted. Was treated much better at Barnes in Langley, and never went back to Victoria even after Drane was bought out by Barnes. Up Island got my service done from a couple indy's in the Comox area and never had an issue.

Have to pile on the praise for Gaslight in Morden, was treated awesome by the entire staff on a recent purchase and will be taking it back for service if needed before I'm posted again.

Last I have to agree with the bad service at Winnipeg HD. Last week the parts guy tried to lie (to be fair the lie could just be incompetence, but that's almost worse in my books) to me and said CFR is out of business and I should order something like another pipe he showed me. And he'd let it go for only $1400 . I went home and ordered the CFRs online from HogPro (for about half that price) and will be installing tomorrow.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:32 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

I think Barnes bought Drane.

Worth a revisit??

Regardless - going into a dealership should be a great experience. You're buying a DREAM. it's not a Honda vcivic or the truck trends truck of the year.

Can you commute on one? Yes. Do you need to? No.

Harley Davidson is awesome. But sometimes the dealers loose focus and go for the short term money and not the life long "dream" they're selling.

Anyhow - long winter here.

H

Old 03-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Route66
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by justposts
Wow!
Are you sure it's Kitchener Harley you're dealing with?
I'll drive past Kitchener Harley ,40 mins down the road to Jacox!

Care to elaborate? I'd like to know more about your experience with Kitchener HD.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:59 PM
NTA
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I have had pleasant experience with Duke's Harley Davidson, awesome people to deal with especially Chris !

Old 03-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Chadster21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mile one Harley in St. John's,NL has been excellent.

Quick Reply: Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops