Carburetor Related Find discussions on carburetor related goodies here. Swap and trades? Rebuild information and tuning for the pre EFI systems.

Little help... Stuck Float Needle

Old 03-02-2012, 11:30 AM
dtiffany
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little help... Stuck Float Needle

I'm searching for tips on removing a stuck float needle in my 04 sportster. (and when I say stuck, I mean stuck!!!). This needle will not budge. Anyone know any tricks to get it out? I'm hesitant to be too aggressive with it as to not damage anything I don't already need to replace. I have removed the float, and started to use a needle nose on it and it wasn't moving, so I thought I'd seek some help from the group. I'm new to this group, but have been searching old posts on here the past few days and didn't really see anyone touch on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(a little background on the issue... didn't get to ride much last fall, no riding all winter, started the bike, let it run a bit and gas was pouring out the overflow. Took the carb off and cleaned it out really well, it was full of junk in the float bowl. didn't expect that stuff to freeze up the float needle too. put it all back together and the gas was still pouring out, which is how I came to look at the float needle.)

Thanks, dean