Carburetor Related Find discussions on carburetor related goodies here. Swap and trades? Rebuild information and tuning for the pre EFI systems.

S&S Super G problem I created

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 05:45 PM
keithaw
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S Super G problem I created

So, I decided to rebuild my Super G since I haven't ridden in 2 years because of a screwed up clutch wrist I finally had surgery on. I have apparent;y screwed up something and am lost trying to find out what. When I tighten down the nut on the accelerator pump end of the throttle shaft, the shaft will not want to turn or is extremely hard to turn. When I loosen the nut it rotates easier but still seems real stiff. A friend tole me to loosen it and use Loctite, but that is not a fix. I want it right. Any suggestions? I thought it could be the new shaft so I went back with the original and no luck. Them I put the old throttle plate on the old shaft so that was all original and still the same. I have poured over this and can't seem to think what it could be. I know I got the accelerator pump actuator right and the spring is very tight on it. Where have I gone wrong???