Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Custom Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Custom Models All custom bikes.

P

Old 06-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Default 1967 SHOVEL IN SANTEE SOFTAIL FRAME

I HAVE A CHANCE TO BUY A 1967 SHOVEL ENGINE. I NEED TO KNOW IF IT WILL GO IN TO A SANTEE D&amp\\;D SOFTAIL FRAME. AM I GONG TO HAVE A PROBLEM PUTTING IN A 5 OR 6 SPEED TRANS. WILL I HAVE INNER PRIMARY PROBLEMS WITH THE ENGINE AND THE LATER STYLE TRANS. I AM SUPPOSED TO BUY THE ENGINE THIS THRUSDAY. NEED HELP.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Hang Around
Default RE: 1967 SHOVEL IN SANTEE SOFTAIL FRAME

I have a 55 pan motor in a HD heritage frame with a softail 5 speed in it..I had a few issues with the pipes and I run an open BDL belt set up and have a offset front pulley spacer to make the belt line up....I also have a Santee D&amp\\;D 180 frame with an Evo in it...Its got the offset built into it so you can run a fat tire,,,this might cause some extra alignment issues or it might work in your favor...I do believe that you will have to run an open belt without your primaries to make it work.
Dave
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: 1967 SHOVEL IN SANTEE SOFTAIL FRAME

hard to say, as some frames are meant for "cone head motors".&nbsp\\; A 1967 generation shovel has the generator case like than pan's and earlier, and might not work.&nbsp\\; I would talk to snatee, and find out before you start doing any work.&nbsp\\; Hope it works out for you!&nbsp\\; If you have the entire 1967 drivetrain, that is worth some $$$$$.&nbsp\\; VERY desireable, and would hate to see it get broken up and pieced out.&nbsp\\; If it were mine, I would get a Harley early frame and have it hardtailed, by that's just me.[&:]
&nbsp\\;
~Joe
&nbsp\\;

John 3:13
Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM

P