Custom Models All custom bikes.

Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Mberber7898
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edubb68
Nice Ride! Color looks amazing! Good Luck and ride safe.
Thank you, I live it, have to change the exhaust though, way too quiet.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:41 PM
Mberber7898
3rd Gear
Default Fuel Management

Can anyone tell me which fuel management system they used to tune the bike with different exhaust? Thanks

Old 10-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Mberber7898
3rd Gear
Default exhaust system

Okay so I can't stand the Supertrap exhaust, sounds like a stock honda. I hear a lot about the big radius, any other good exhaust and a fuel management system to tune it.
Thanks

Old 10-29-2014, 04:16 PM
sharkmotorcycleaudio
Former Sponsor
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cruzer01
Olson,
Not very many notice that I have speakers attached underneath the tank. I have been using the Shark 250w motorcycle audio system for about 3 years now. I made the brackets to attached to my tank bolts. The 250w amp is in the tool bag, and the wired remote is right below the speedo console with some felt underneath so it wont scratch the paint. I can hear the music up to about 55 if it is not a windy day. This may be because they are underneath the tank. People tell me that they can hear the music from a distance. Anyway, the sound is fair, the amp has an FM tuner but doesn't bring in the stations very clear.. I mainly use my iPod mini on an armband that I wrap around the handle bars where I can easily reach it. The speaker housing was nice, shiny chrome color, but the sun has burnt much of it off and its starting to look ugly. I may try to paint them black in the near future. I looked them up, and they now have a 600 and a 1000 amp, 4 speaker system. Google shark audio and they will come up. I think all in all, for the money compared to other options, its worth it. If there were more funds available, I would take a look at cycle sounds newest system. Good luck, let me know what you went with.

Nice bike and glad your enjoying the shark system.

The systems have since been upgraded

sharkmotorcycleaudio.com

Old 10-29-2014, 05:15 PM
sharkmotorcycleaudio
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Olsen185
Thanks for the heads up, I just sent them a message on Facebook.
hope you guys are set!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM
sharkmotorcycleaudio
Former Sponsor

Olson,
Not very many notice that I have speakers attached underneath the tank. I have been using the Shark 250w motorcycle audio system for about 3 years now. I made the brackets to attached to my tank bolts. The 250w amp is in the tool bag, and the wired remote is right below the speedo console with some felt underneath so it wont scratch the paint. I can hear the music up to about 55 if it is not a windy day. This may be because they are underneath the tank. People tell me that they can hear the music from a distance. Anyway, the sound is fair, the amp has an FM tuner but doesn't bring in the stations very clear.. I mainly use my iPod mini on an armband that I wrap around the handle bars where I can easily reach it. The speaker housing was nice, shiny chrome color, but the sun has burnt much of it off and its starting to look ugly. I may try to paint them black in the near future. I looked them up, and they now have a 600 and a 1000 amp, 4 speaker system. Google shark audio and they will come up. I think all in all, for the money compared to other options, its worth it. If there were more funds available, I would take a look at cycle sounds newest system. Good luck, let me know what you went with.

Check out the 1000 watt we have now http://www.sharkmotorcycleaudio.com/...usb-bluetooth/

Old 11-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New question about TMC

A friend and I have been working on the front end of a TMC and are stumped. We cannot get the front wheel off. The axle is so tight, we have used heat and plenty of PB blaster used a very long breaker bar and an impact but to no avail. We thought maybe it was a reverse thread and that doesn't seem to be the case. My big question is, has anyone had experience removing the front wheel? What kind of front end is it? We may have to cut the axle to get it out and want to replace it but not sure what they used, it sort of looks like an Ultima or American Suspension but maybe even demon cycles, we just aren't sure since there is no name on it. I does have a picture of what looks to be an eagle on the triple tree with maybe PC incorporated in it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

STEVE

Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 AM
cruzer01
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Retirementtoy
A friend and I have been working on the front end of a TMC and are stumped. We cannot get the front wheel off. The axle is so tight, we have used heat and plenty of PB blaster used a very long breaker bar and an impact but to no avail. We thought maybe it was a reverse thread and that doesn't seem to be the case. My big question is, has anyone had experience removing the front wheel? What kind of front end is it? We may have to cut the axle to get it out and want to replace it but not sure what they used, it sort of looks like an Ultima or American Suspension but maybe even demon cycles, we just aren't sure since there is no name on it. I does have a picture of what looks to be an eagle on the triple tree with maybe PC incorporated in it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

STEVE
Hello,
Were you able to get the wheel off? I now have the same problem. HD could not remove the wheel. I had it done previously to replace the tire but that shop is now out of business. I believe the the suspension is from American Suspension. Please let me know how you got it done.
Thanks.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,
Were you able to get the wheel off? I now have the same problem. HD could not remove the wheel. I had it done previously to replace the tire but that shop is now out of business. I believe the the suspension is from American Suspension. Please let me know how you got it done.
Thanks.
Yes we did get the wheel off, we contacted the original dealer and he had info on it and yes it does have a left handed thread on the front axle. We had thought that may be the case and tried to remove it that way a couple of times but didn't want to mess it up if it wasn't and we had put heat and much PBblaster on it and it finally gave way and came right off without any damage.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:20 AM
cruzer01
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you tell me who made the front suspension. HD and another bike shop also could not remove the axle on my keystone. They called American Suspension, we ordered an axle, but it turns out that it is not by American Suspension. Mine also has the eagle stamped on it. What was the trick to be able to get it off?
Thanks for your help!

Originally Posted by Retirementtoy
Yes we did get the wheel off, we contacted the original dealer and he had info on it and yes it does have a left handed thread on the front axle. We had thought that may be the case and tried to remove it that way a couple of times but didn't want to mess it up if it wasn't and we had put heat and much PBblaster on it and it finally gave way and came right off without any damage.

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper