Thunder Mountain Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Newbie Here!

Hello Gentleman and Happy New Year!

I have searched high and low looking for a community of TMCC owners and other related information. I'm a former metric cruiser (Kawasaki Mean Streak) and now a proud owner of a Thunder Mountain Firestone. Although I have ridden Jessica (as in Jessica Rabbit) barely a mile, I love her just the same. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty girl! Lol Something unique about Jessica is, she sports a 120 cu Jimm's racing motor and matching 6-speed transmission. Probably more HP and Torque than I will ever see but it's nice to know it's there should I want or need. Currently she has 7,000 miles and runs fantastic! There is only one, possibly two changes I want to do. First, I'm going to trade out the Arlen Ness pipes for a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius. Soon I will put the Arlen Ness pipes up for sale and I also have the original Supertrap exhaust I'll part with. The second is I might take off the Screamin-Eagle intake and go back to the stock since I like it's low profile look better and it sports the TMCC logo.

Otherwise, there's only a couple small cosmetic fixes I have planned such as a small paint chit in the fuel tank and a real tiny one on the rear fender. The biggest scar is a scrape on the bottom of the brake lever. This can be seen easily and I need to address it. I've looked around, have the part number of the lever (42207-01), and the pivot cover and o-ring assy (45020-03). If only I could find these parts. The only thing I can think of is having them polished and re chromed. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Well if anyone reading this hasn't fallen asleep, thank you for reading my first post.

Attached Thumbnails Thunder Mountain Chopper-dscn1021.jpg   Thunder Mountain Chopper-20151213_121439.jpg  
Old 01-02-2016, 08:20 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

This is in response to post # 240
V&H part# 26029 should fit.

Last edited by QC; 01-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:25 PM
QC
Club Member

Originally Posted by Rainmaker-LBC
Hello Gentleman and Happy New Year!

I have searched high and low looking for a community of TMCC owners and other related information. I'm a former metric cruiser (Kawasaki Mean Streak) and now a proud owner of a Thunder Mountain Firestone. Although I have ridden Jessica (as in Jessica Rabbit) barely a mile, I love her just the same. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty girl! Lol Something unique about Jessica is, she sports a 120 cu Jimm's racing motor and matching 6-speed transmission. Probably more HP and Torque than I will ever see but it's nice to know it's there should I want or need. Currently she has 7,000 miles and runs fantastic! There is only one, possibly two changes I want to do. First, I'm going to trade out the Arlen Ness pipes for a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius. Soon I will put the Arlen Ness pipes up for sale and I also have the original Supertrap exhaust I'll part with. The second is I might take off the Screamin-Eagle intake and go back to the stock since I like it's low profile look better and it sports the TMCC logo.

Otherwise, there's only a couple small cosmetic fixes I have planned such as a small paint chit in the fuel tank and a real tiny one on the rear fender. The biggest scar is a scrape on the bottom of the brake lever. This can be seen easily and I need to address it. I've looked around, have the part number of the lever (42207-01), and the pivot cover and o-ring assy (45020-03). If only I could find these parts. The only thing I can think of is having them polished and re chromed. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Well if anyone reading this hasn't fallen asleep, thank you for reading my first post.
eBay, Ronnies H-D, and Boardtracker H-D are places to look for those.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:32 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

Originally Posted by QC
This is in response to post # 240
V&H part# 26029 should fit.
I bought a set from Ebay V&H part #26037. According to the seller, he made a special bracket to fit. I hope I didn't make a mistake. He advertised it as fitting the Firestone and even posted a picture of a Firestone with these pipes. Should I be worried?

Old 01-02-2016, 08:34 PM
QC
Club Member

Softail frames are all basically the same as far as I know, so you should be good.
Edit: After looking up that number, you may end up calling V&H for the bracket to fit a Softail. You aren't gonna know till you get into it. That is an issue when working on a custom bike; you're never sure what went on it and what "might" fit otherwise.

Last edited by QC; 01-02-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:44 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate

I'm used to that after owning and racing sailboats for 34 years. Thats why I went this route. I even talked to the vendor selling these, twice. He seems to know what he's talking about so I'm trusting him. I'll find out in about 4 weeks when I install them.

Old 01-02-2016, 08:48 PM
QC
Club Member

Good luck and make sure you post up pics.
The pipes will be the same, the only difference is how the lower mounting bracket is made to hook up to the frame or transmission.

Old 01-25-2016, 03:14 PM
fatusboyus
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

well for what its worth, and just incase there ends up being another 240 Blackhawk owner out there wanting to upgrade the stock exhaust, I called Blackhawk Harley Davidson in texas? I think? anyway, they said that the vance and hines big radius 2 into 2 exhaust part number 26029 would work just fine...

also, i'm 6'1" and I need to extend my legs some, they told me that the arlen ness 3" extensions part number 07-610 will work as well

hope this info helps someone else, it took quite abit of phone calls to figure this stuff out, thanks

Old 02-14-2016, 04:26 PM
cruzer01
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 103 B engine suddenly started vibrating a lot

Hello everyone,
My engine suddenly started vibrating a lot. Now my mirrors, handle bars, and frame shake so much. Anyone have any ideas? My bike was very smooth prior to this, just had the 25000 mile service done about 130 mile ago. I have tried reading up on this and most threads talk about front motor mounts but I don't see anything loose there. Any ideas?

Old 02-14-2016, 05:17 PM
cruzer01
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 103 B engine suddenly started vibrating a lot

Hello everyone,
My engine suddenly started vibrating a lot. Now my mirrors, handle bars, and frame shake so much. Anyone have any ideas? My bike was very smooth prior to this, just had the 25000 mile service done about 130 mile ago. I have tried reading up on this and most threads talk about front motor mounts but I don't see anything loose there. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper