It's individual part # 42207-01

Any ideas?

Old 09-01-2016, 01:35 PM
edubb68
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure on Michelin Commander II 240/40 R18

Been a while since my last post.

Since purchasing my 2005 TM Blackhawk 240 in October 2014. I have done extensive work on the bike, which I will post later, but for now just wanted to see if any of my TMB240 brethren could help me to determine what the tire pressure is on my Michelin Commander II 240 rear tire. The manual mentions 40 psi; however, I have always know that the tire determines the psi pressure. Can someone help me. The craziest thing is that the PSI amount is not listed on the tire.

Old 09-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by edubb68
Been a while since my last post.

Since purchasing my 2005 TM Blackhawk 240 in October 2014. I have done extensive work on the bike, which I will post later, but for now just wanted to see if any of my TMB240 brethren could help me to determine what the tire pressure is on my Michelin Commander II 240 rear tire. The manual mentions 40 psi; however, I have always know that the tire determines the psi pressure. Can someone help me. The craziest thing is that the PSI amount is not listed on the tire.
Have you tried the Michelin website? If it's not there I would consult with a tire dealer that sells your tire. They must have documentation of the factory specs. Once you have that, a few lbs up or down WILL make a difference. Only riding and visual inspection will help you fine tune it. The Thunder mountain is a heavy bike so i wouldn't be surprised if a couple extra lb's are needed.
Good luck and ride safe!

Old 10-13-2016, 08:11 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Default Handlebars

Hello gentleman...

I am LOVIN my Firestone! A few things I'm noticing is for example, some parts are very hard to find if not impossible! I'm looking for the foot brake lever. Have searched the globe and it appears my only option is to have my existing one re chromed.
I'm looking for a set of pull-back handlebars. Mine are the standard ones where my riding posture is forward as opposed to sitting more upright. (see link below)
I think sitting more upright might be a more comfortable ride.

Can anyone identify these?

Play the video and notice the handlebars from a direct side view.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:28 PM
adventurous1
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RSD vs. LSD

Looking at picking up a TM early 2017, the quandary is Right side vs left side.

Thoughts, suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Have had friends with old Independence bikes both Ride and Left sides - and with those bikes, there was a definite a pull toward LSD. I realize at 240 ish tires, the LSD is fine 'if' the offset is installed correctly.

Have another friend who rides a '09 Rocker w/ Heartland kit and he says it's balanced with no pull, though he previously had a custom made LSD that also pulled a lot.

Thx!

Old 03-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Beto Bautista
Stage I
Default HELP PLEASE!! 08 keystone

Originally Posted by cruzer01
The bike shop finally removed the axle by having to cut it off. The front end is by Perse Performance, which is no longer in business. The shop had a New axle made and we are back on the road.

Thanks for your help!
Shop couldn't get the axle out without cut it and now we cant find a perse performance replacement they are out bussiness they was bought by rooster custom cycles which seems like a out of bussiness as well .... long history short it's been about a month in the search for this kind of AXLE any ideas ?? Anybody ? Or who can make an axle like this ? Thanks in advance

Old 03-29-2017, 04:29 PM
Rainmaker-LBC
Intermediate
Smile

Originally Posted by Rainmaker-LBC
Hello Gentleman and Happy New Year!

I have searched high and low looking for a community of TMCC owners and other related information. I'm a former metric cruiser (Kawasaki Mean Streak) and now a proud owner of a Thunder Mountain Firestone. Although I have ridden Jessica (as in Jessica Rabbit) barely a mile, I love her just the same. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty girl! Lol Something unique about Jessica is, she sports a 120 cu Jimm's racing motor and matching 6-speed transmission. Probably more HP and Torque than I will ever see but it's nice to know it's there should I want or need. Currently she has 7,000 miles and runs fantastic! There is only one, possibly two changes I want to do. First, I'm going to trade out the Arlen Ness pipes for a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius. Soon I will put the Arlen Ness pipes up for sale and I also have the original Supertrap exhaust I'll part with. The second is I might take off the Screamin-Eagle intake and go back to the stock since I like it's low profile look better and it sports the TMCC logo.

Otherwise, there's only a couple small cosmetic fixes I have planned such as a small paint chit in the fuel tank and a real tiny one on the rear fender. The biggest scar is a scrape on the bottom of the brake lever. This can be seen easily and I need to address it. I've looked around, have the part number of the lever (42207-01), and the pivot cover and o-ring assy (45020-03). If only I could find these parts. The only thing I can think of is having them polished and re chromed. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Well if anyone reading this hasn't fallen asleep, thank you for reading my first post.
After about 1-1/2 years, patience has paid off and I found a complete forward control kit in eBay for about $200 under original HD prices. This is unheard of since they were NOS and the box never opened. A little pricey to have installed but well worth the cost. Had, just had to replace the foot pegs as well so another $65 and their all brand new and flawless. Im a happy guy now....

Old 04-08-2017, 04:55 PM
dan11
1st Gear

Please see my post on Thunder mountain spitfire Cracked frames.
looking for more info/feedback on this issue

Old 04-08-2017, 04:59 PM
dan11
1st Gear
Default Thunder Mountain cracked frames

Originally Posted by dan11
Please see my post on Thunder mountain spitfire Cracked frames.
looking for more info/feedback on this issue

Old 04-09-2017, 06:46 AM
dan11
1st Gear
Default raised bars

Originally Posted by Iron_Cross
What color was it? I actually got mine from the Harley dealer here in the springs. Does anyone else on here have a spitfire? and if so, Have you raised the handlebars? really thinking of doing it for a more comfortable ride.
i have seen one with raised bars looks gr8 ..feels gr8

Quick Reply: Thunder Mountain Chopper