Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exile Bikes

Have to agree with ya DW

Old 07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Johnny
Outstanding HDF Member

Gotta like Exile bikes, they are lean, mean and clean. The frames are made by Daytec and unlike all the other custom bike companies, Exile will return your e-mail with answers to any of your questions.

Old 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
HDWRENCH
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I work with Jonny goodson here at the school. He is currently at the build off. He has no longer works there but owns one and they are very sano looking. I am a less is more kinda guy. They are not main stream looking , but very pricey.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my God that bike is Gorgeous!!
I'm one of the ones that is into Russell's design.
That's just cool!

[8D]

I have to agree .. They're CLEEEEEEEAN looking. The most effort in the bike I think is in what you can't see, rather than what you can.
No chrome, no fins, no cheezy crap.. No cables, no wires, just frame tires and engine.

But YES indeed, for something original, something artful and with the spirit of being something different than the rest of the chromed out barhoppers that can't get a bug on them (oh heavens no.. a fly on my headlight "wipe wipe")... They are dang expensive as all get out!! But he's now a world class builder and if you're looking at a Screamin' Eagle Fatboy or Deuce.. It's about the same in dollars and you've got ANOTHER fatboy or deuce that was really really pricey.

If I were going to blow $30 large on a barhopper style scoot.. I'd put it into an Exile.. or a kit from Exile.

Old 08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

I saw Exile at the ROT Rally in Austin and the bikes were amazing. If I had serious money I'd probably spend it on them too.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Greywolf
Cruiser

Don't you just love Em'

Old 08-21-2005, 03:02 PM
xlrider
Advanced

They used to be more affordable , that is until he got on TV. I do like his better than most though. I would take an Indian larry bike before an Exile though, but Exile would be my second choice.

But now I have seen a few Thunder Mountain Customs up close and If I were to spend 30 grand on a bike I think I would get a TMC, They take Harlleys and make them into some great looking customs with the 103 SE Motor. I really like what they do with the Fat Boys the best.

Old 08-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: xlrider

They used to be more affordable , that is until he got on TV. I do like his better than most though. I would take an Indian larry bike before an Exile though, but Exile would be my second choice.

But now I have seen a few Thunder Mountain Customs up close and If I were to spend 30 grand on a bike I think I would get a TMC, They take Harlleys and make them into some great looking customs with the 103 SE Motor. I really like what they do with the Fat Boys the best.
Yeah that's interesting, they take the standard H-D and spruce it up, kind of like van conversion companies or trike companies.. sorta.
That's cool.

One thing I really dig about Exile is you can buy the KIT if you like as well. For you wrenchers out there, that's a more affordable option for one of the most unique customs out there. I'm all about that Fat Bloke.... That's just too cool...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/DCFE87E6EC6C4B9C88CE8180239B27CD.jpg[/IMG]

Or maybe this one... don't know the model:

[IMG]local://upfiles/3244/1E3868E381AF4CB8B8BEDF4221DF4E83.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-24-2005, 07:14 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Dang, those things are monsters! Don't know how they'd be to ride.

Old 08-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

I'd be willing to bet, not a whole lot different than a typical FL softail.. It might be a little weird but the fat tire infront has a lot of illusion as well with the peanut gas tank, but basically it's a wide glide front end, I think.

Quick Reply: Exile Bikes