Custom Models All custom bikes.

Bobber Conversion Begins...any tips before I start buying?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 04:37 PM
joyRYDER
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobber Conversion Begins...any tips before I start buying?

Just got my first Harley, Finally! Had a few metric bikes and bobbed them out real nice and clean, but sold the last one on a mission to cross over. Got an '09 sporty that is bone stock now, but not for long. I got big plans so expect to hear a lot from me in the way of "HELP?"

Some mods I will do right away and could use tips on where to find good parts are...

springer seat, with bolt on kit if I can, or?

swap to forward controls

rear fender bobbed, either fab the old one or get a new one, cut fender rails, maybe remove springs and get some struts so I can run that rear fender nice and tight!

remove baffles from the screaming eagles, not sure if I need to replace with new one or just go without

relocate the license plate to side mount

replace all turn signals with bullets

replace brake with side mount 33 replica, or?

debadge, de-sticker, and maybe take the thing off the tank, dont know what you call it.

relocate ecm, power command, ignition, horn, and what ever else I can to clean it up

take off as much extra junk as I can, belt guard, front fender, fender rail covers, etc...

Mods in the winter...

go to chain drive and a 200 or bigger rear wheel

run some nice fat bobber tires

new rear fender wider for new rear tire

new bars, prob 4" riser or so with drag bars, depends where the stance ends up
internal wiring, maybe if I can figure it out

prob paint since I will have to paint the rear fender anyway, thing about matte army green.

would like to powder coat motor or else buy all the wrinkle black parts to replace pieces. rather powder coat all the pieces tho and go with a different color, not sure yet

and who knows what else, that is why I love this little scoot, the possibilities are endless? ideas, tips, and advice welcome!

Old 04-12-2014, 06:26 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Sounds like you have a good vision of what you are wanting. I did something similar about a year ago. Here is a write up on my makeover, with pictures and lots of info I learned along the way.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...-makeover.html

You can remove the baffles on the SE exhaust, but will lose a lot of low and mid range power. You can pick it all back up, and more, with the Thunder Torque Inserts...but not lose any volume...they will be a bit deeper tone though.

DK Custom has quite a few of the parts on your list...check out our site in the sig below, or give Dawn or Natalie a call...they can put together a discount for you if you get a bunch at one time.

Here's a couple of pics of my ride with arrows showing all the DK Part on it-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com