Detailing Discuss keeping your bike looking brand new here.

Best wax for Harley Paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 PM
RickRock
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Merlin and everyone else for the total skinny on getting a good shine on. Wow !

Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 AM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's another little sumpn' to add in the mix.
This stuff is called AMMO Skin Defense coat.

Product Link

Video Link

Here's a couple of informative detailing videos.

AMMO Skin Defense Coat

Differences between a sealant and a wax.
Sealant & Wax Step by Step On Ferrari 430

Caring for Matte/Flat paint. Do's & Dont's
BMW Frozen Paint Overview and Cleaning

Old 02-01-2014, 06:37 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,349 Likes on 3,281 Posts

All Y'all still waxing them bitches....

Old 03-23-2014, 08:18 AM
wtkpga
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Mike
+1 on the prep
Don't fear the claybar it makes a world of difference. Then I compound it with meguiars ultimate compound (unbelievable stuff). Next is a coat of mequiars show car glaze, and then finish with liquid glass.
This sound like a great combination, I just have a few questions before I cross over to the Liquid Glass.

Do you use Liquid Glass pre-cleaner before applying the Liquid Glass or does the claybar, compound and glaze take care of cleaning the surface before applying the Liquid Glass?

I take it there is no problem with the liquid glass bonding to the glaze or wax if you choose to apply it prior to the Liquid Glass?

I know it says to apply in direct sun, but I have the bike in pieces in my basement and would like to do one piece at a time. Do you think it will work out ok if I put it in the sun once its back together and then add an additional layers?

Last edited by wtkpga; 03-23-2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Add additional question
Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 AM
Lamo70
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Meguires Gold Class. I found Zymol leaves light blue residue that is tough to remove

Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 AM
berden
2nd Gear
Default ice

i'm not able to find ice wax no more in quebec, do you know if they change the name?

Old 04-02-2014, 12:57 PM
ratsnest
Cruiser
Received 68 Likes on 36 Posts

liquid glass and S100 wax works great

Old 04-25-2014, 11:08 PM
sfvas
Advanced

I was using synthetic Klasse Auto Wax on my truck and cracked the bottle, so I finished it using Turtle Wax with Carnuba Wax and was shocked that the wax side had a way better shine. So began to look into waxes last week. I prefer the depth and warmth of Carnuba, so some of the mixed wax/polymer products work great.

Autogreek has some cool stuff. Also now they have a easier clay mitt to clean the paint.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Animal_
Advanced

Originally Posted by sfvas
I was using synthetic Klasse Auto Wax on my truck and cracked the bottle, so I finished it using Turtle Wax with Carnuba Wax and was shocked that the wax side had a way better shine. So began to look into waxes last week. I prefer the depth and warmth of Carnuba, so some of the mixed wax/polymer products work great.

Autogreek has some cool stuff. Also now they have a easier clay mitt to clean the paint.
Synthetic acrylics like Klasse will never have the depth/shine of carnuba wax. Get the best of both (protection/shine) use carnuba on top of Klasse.

Old 05-03-2014, 03:29 PM
MattRyder
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Timmy-bob
I use turtle wax ICE. Can use on anything becuse it is a synthetic. will not leave white marks. You can even wax rubber! Trick is to put it on with a wet pad and just keep getting lighter with your touch. (think of it like spit shinnig a boot.) I have vivid black and it dose great getting rid of micro abrasions in the paint. (fine line sratches, etc) I hope this helps and be safe.
Thanks for the tip! I had forgotten that I had some of this already. My problem is swirl marks/fine scratches that I get on the sides of my otherwise beautiful vivid black tank finish (from my knees). I'm going to try the TW ICE product and hopefully that will do the trick.

Quick Reply: Best wax for Harley Paint