Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer beware: Patriot defender pipes

Old 09-22-2014, 09:13 PM
XKHemi
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This exhaust works great on my FatBob with forward controls. I had an issue with one of the heat shields that was scratched from shipment, called them and they sent a new shield right away.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Kustrud
Tourer

Originally Posted by hardtaco
I am beyond disappointed in Patriot defender pipes and Pertronix (the company that owns Patriot). I purchased the black Patriot defender 2-1 for my 2006 Street Bob thinking it would be a good pipe. I received my pipe last week and tried to install it that night. The package was missing necessary hardware and it does not fit AT ALL. It rubs the mid control horrible and there is no way they can expect me to mount it with the mounting bracket they sent. I spent all day the next day trying to get someone on the phone only to be passed around from person to person with no answers. I finally got someone to answer and they had 'never heard of the issue' but said they would send out a new hardware kit. The guy didn't give a damn about me or the pipe. Well it's been a week since my call and no response or new hardware kit in the mail. I even called back yesterday and was told the new hardware kit was still processing and to be patient. The unfortunate part is I sold my vance and Hines pipes to a buddy the day I got this in the mail so I am stuck without a bike during the best part of the riding season. All of my dealings have been directly with Patriot pipes so it is not a vendor issue. I am usually understanding but this is just unreal. MORAL OF THE STORY : DON'T BUY PATRIOT PIPES OR ANY OTHER PERTRONIX PRODUCTS! JUNK PRODUCTS AND ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Josh
I can't speak of their customer service as I got mine from Amazon. However, I can speak of the pipe itself. Now, it is an absolute bitch to get on the bike, two sets of hands helps. But, the quality, performance, finish, and especially the power and sound are ourstanding. Everyone asks me all the time what kind of pipe it is. I've had mine for almost a year and it looks brand new. Be patient and try to squeeze it in there with some help. Also, did you order the 2005 and earlier pipe by any chance??

Old 09-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Michael knowles
Tourer

That's why I'm really not a online shopper. I'd rather track down a local dude trying to make a living & helping or knowing how to solve your problem. Discount vs help!!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:11 PM
hardtaco
Advanced

I found the stamp on the pipe and it is the correct pipe for 2006-2014 dynas. I was able to modify the mounting and make it work somewhat, but it looks trashy with the washers spacing everything out. Very disappointing. It would work fine with forward controls but they advertise it as working ok with both mid and forward controls. Still havent received a call back from Patriot about it. I have to keep my mid controls because I ride hard and I dont want to sacrifice the control when going to forwards.

Josh