Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 03:19 AM
Unbalanced Bob
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Craigffb:

The error code reads P0289, which I can't seem to find online or elsewhere. The only modification I've ever made to the bike is a set of Screamin' Eagle slip-ons, HD stock #80679-12. The code won't clear. Now I'm a bit bewildered, as the bike has never run better.

Edit: I should add that I made no changes to the tuning when I installed the slip-ons.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, but my last two bikes were a 1968 XLCH and a 1980 Fat Bob, so this stuff is entirely new to me.

Last edited by Unbalanced Bob; 12-21-2014 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:46 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Unbalanced Bob
Craigffb:

The error code reads P0289, which I can't seem to find online or elsewhere. The only modification I've ever made to the bike is a set of Screamin' Eagle slip-ons, HD stock #80679-12. The code won't clear. Now I'm a bit bewildered, as the bike has never run better.

Edit: I should add that I made no changes to the tuning when I installed the slip-ons.

Sorry about my lack of knowledge, but my last two bikes were a 1968 XLCH and a 1980 Fat Bob, so this stuff is entirely new to me.
Go to this post by blueangle73 and flow the directions and see if you come up with the same DTC.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ror-codes.html

Old 12-21-2014, 01:10 PM
SCarty
Tourer
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts

Got mine yesterday,super easy to use! So I put my heated gear on (34°) and went for a ride for about an hour and so far evrything seems like its running pretty good.....

Old 12-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Unbalanced Bob
Banned

Craigffb:

Thanks for the link to blueangel's post. The bike is showing error code P 1655, which indicates a faulty solenoid in the ACR system. Well, now, my engine is 96ci; I ain't got no ACR system.

I'm pretty relieved; I thought I might have done something unhealthy to the fuel injection. I still can't clear the code or get the "check engine" light off, though. Once again, the bike runs better than it ever has, so I'm not too bothered.

I guess the tuner thinks I've got a 103ci engine?

Old 12-22-2014, 01:44 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Craigffb:

Thanks for the link to blueangel's post. The bike is showing error code P 1655, which indicates a faulty solenoid in the ACR system. Well, now, my engine is 96ci; I ain't got no ACR system.

I'm pretty relieved; I thought I might have done something unhealthy to the fuel injection. I still can't clear the code or get the "check engine" light off, though. Once again, the bike runs better than it ever has, so I'm not too bothered.

I guess the tuner thinks I've got a 103ci engine?

My suggestion to you would be to load the factory tune back into the bike and see if the DTC clears. The fact that the bike is showing one code and the tuner is showing another would be troubling to me. If the code clears by loading the stock tune back in the bike you need to call Superchips and give them all the details.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:47 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Also did you plug the tuner into Spark to make sure it has the most up to date programing loaded?

Old 12-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Unbalanced Bob
Banned

Originally Posted by craigffb
Also did you plug the tuner into Spark to make sure it has the most up to date programing loaded?
Yep. It said that there were no updates.

However, I found this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...e-on-96ci.html

This explains quite a bit. I'll give them a ring and ask them to send me a map that doesn't turn the ACR on. Looks like a simple fix. Appreciate all the info; I'll holler back later.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I tried flashing the bike back to factory specs; the ACR stays on anyway. No big deal, I'm just glad I didn't screw anything up.

BTW, error code P 0289 doesn't seem to exist.

Last edited by Unbalanced Bob; 12-22-2014 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:44 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

This explains quite a bit. I'll give them a ring and ask them to send me a map that doesn't turn the ACR on. Looks like a simple fix. Appreciate all the info; I'll holler back later.

Edit: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I tried flashing the bike back to factory specs; the ACR stays on anyway. No big deal, I'm just glad I didn't screw anything up.

Good luck..hope you get it figured out. Be sure to let em know about the false code the tuner is pulling too. Keep us updated.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Lucky Doug
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one and thought it was a good flash unit. I already had the dealer flash and a TFI. I turned off the TFI and reflashed with the Vigilante and the bike did run better than the original setup. The reason I didn't keep it was I already had invested already plus I plan on selling this spring. I never did try the Vigilante and the TFI together though. Wish I had.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:51 PM
scott504
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got the P0289 DTC also and no luck finding any info on it.

Quick Reply: **Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**