Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**

Old 09-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 866 Likes on 546 Posts

Craigffb,
Can it monitor any vitals like oil temp, head temp?
Seeing it has a preloaded tune based on year, size of engine, intake, and exhaust, can it be used on more than one bike?
Have you noticed any change in gas mileage?

Old 09-21-2014, 10:06 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Spanners39
How much do they cost? An ECU flash in NZ is 400 bucks at the H-D dealership.
You can get one for $149.50 right now if you use apply coupon code HDFORUMS on their web page. As far as I know it's a limited time offer and the normal price is $299.

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
That sounds like you got a pretty good deal on that, good for you, both bikes to boot. nice!

I don't want to alarm you though but, in the first photo it appears that Satan is watching you from behind and in some of your later photos, if that's your reflection on the "OK" button you might want to swing by the clinic and have your vitals checked
I know right! I wasn't expecting two and was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box.

LOL...Yeah that's one of my dogs, he was making sure I was doing stuff right...and I've thought he might be Satan on more then one occasion. The refection in the OK button is a sticker on the back of my phone, but good eye.

Originally Posted by Sapper364
I was wondering if there was any reason to flash a stock bike. Does it improve performance on the factory settings?
Factory tunes are usually on the lean side for EPA reasons. Even a stock bike can benefit from a aftermarket tuner.
Originally Posted by Qdog002
Craigffb,
Can it monitor any vitals like oil temp, head temp?
Seeing it has a preloaded tune based on year, size of engine, intake, and exhaust, can it be used on more than one bike?
Have you noticed any change in gas mileage?
The EZ is nothing more then a flash tuner. Plug it in, flash the ECM with a new tune and unplug it. Superchips does make a tuner called the Vigilante Flash with is like the Vance & Hines FP3. It uses a smart phone app and allows you to monitor the bike. A forum member named BigMike received the Flash and will be providing feed back the same way I am. He has a Softail so the thread will probably end up in that section. As far as gas mileage goes, I've only had the tuner on the bike for 2 days and we rode the Street Gilde all day yesterday. Once I get through a tank of gas on the Dyna I'll post more info.

Last edited by craigffb; 09-21-2014 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:55 AM
motorend
Cruiser
Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

Really wish it was labeled for 2014's. That's a great deal!

Old 09-21-2014, 01:01 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by motorend
Really wish it was labeled for 2014's. That's a great deal!
I'm sure they are working it. They are new to Harley tuning thing so they are playing catch up right now.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Congrats on winning the contest, I was hoping it would be me but oh well. But being able to purchase the EZ for just $50 more then my Xied's were is a good deal, I might just pick one up soon.

Couple of questions.
Is this tuner married to the bike like the PV is?

Are the selections seen on the screen the only options (Exhaust and Air cleaner), would I be able to find Rinehart Churchill exhaust and Ness Big Sucker intake in the list or are they just an "other" option?

I checked out the site today and selected 2010 Dyna and the only option was the EZ, I remember when the selection for the contest running I checked out their site and both tuners were an option, do you know why there is only the EZ now?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 AM
LIMITLESS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm...For $150, I'm thinking of giving it a try and see if its an improvement over the Harley Download.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:10 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Congrats on winning the contest, I was hoping it would be me but oh well. But being able to purchase the EZ for just $50 more then my Xied's were is a good deal, I might just pick one up soon.

Couple of questions.
Is this tuner married to the bike like the PV is?

Are the selections seen on the screen the only options (Exhaust and Air cleaner), would I be able to find Rinehart Churchill exhaust and Ness Big Sucker intake in the list or are they just an "other" option?

I checked out the site today and selected 2010 Dyna and the only option was the EZ, I remember when the selection for the contest running I checked out their site and both tuners were an option, do you know why there is only the EZ now?
No. As long as you put the stock tune back in the bike you are using the tuner on now you can move it to a different bike.

Yep, just exhaust and intake...Stage 1 and Stage one only. Rineharts are in there, I just don't know which ones. I can look later if you'd like a for sure answer. As far as intakes go there is really only two options and that is high flow and stock, this is just my opinion, but a high flow intake is a high flow intake, one is not better then another. Some may disagree with me but from what it looks like Superchips thinks the same way I do.

I looked yesterday and the Flash, which is/was the app based tuner like the FP3 was not on there anymore. I don't know why but I was gonna send my contact an email and find out what happened to it.

Last edited by craigffb; 09-22-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by LIMITLESS
Hmm...For $150, I'm thinking of giving it a try and see if its an improvement over the Harley Download.
For the money I agree. Not to mention the fact that it will read and clear DTC codes as well. At this point I feel it's better then the tuner I had on my bike prior to this one.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Jimbo33
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They don't list a product for my 2014 Dyna 103. This is my first Harley and I am finding that there are a lot of products that are available for pre 2014 but not the 2014 itself. Did Harley make a major change in 2014 or is it basically the same and the model for the older bikes will work?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:54 AM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jimbo33
They don't list a product for my 2014 Dyna 103. This is my first Harley and I am finding that there are a lot of products that are available for pre 2014 but not the 2014 itself. Did Harley make a major change in 2014 or is it basically the same and the model for the older bikes will work?

This is just me thinking out loud and not a company endorsement or saying it will or wont work, but I would think the Vigilante EZ 5842 (CAN) would work on the 14 Dyna. No change between 13-14. BUT THAT'S ME JUST THINKING OUT LOUD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Superchips Vigilante EZ Review**