Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation

Hey just wanted to share a few pics. Got rid of the Side Mount plate and turn signals and decided to wire up this curved Plate with turn signals and brake lights that are built into it. Got the Viking's Circle Bags installed. Mounting hardware was cheesy but I made it work. Actually mounted up very solid. I used washers on every flat surface to try and keep it as rigid as possible and replaced their hardware with some better stainless stuff. Was it worth the figuring it out yourself install method? Yeah, I suppose so FOR THE PRICE. Would I buy these bags again? Eh maybe. Anyhow here's a few pics of the bike and one of us headed out for the Thunder Valley Rally about a week ago.

Attached Thumbnails Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation-message_1410136697027.jpg   Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation-message_1410136846286.jpg   Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation-message_1410136746420.jpg   Viking Quarter Circle Bags Installed / Signal Relocation-img_72901039814819.jpg  
Old 09-29-2014, 02:14 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd say it was worth the effort. Those bags look great on your bike! Great look!

Old 09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jesse_81
...Got rid of the Side Mount plate and turn signals and decided to wire up this curved Plate with turn signals and brake lights that are built into it...
How did you mount the plate to the fender? Drill, adhesive (type), etc? I have an 09 FXDB fender and I wanna cover the tail light hole with a curved tag frame in the same way..

Old 09-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
I'd say it was worth the effort. Those bags look great on your bike! Great look!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by BobberG
How did you mount the plate to the fender? Drill, adhesive (type), etc? I have an 09 FXDB fender and I wanna cover the tail light hole with a curved tag frame in the same way..
I drilled holes through the fender and bolted it to the fender. I mounted the plate on top of some rubber washers that I just doubled up to keep the plate just over the fender and keep it from vibrating or rattling. I also drilled two holes (one on each side under the plate) to drop the wires through and used the factory wiring holders on the inside of the fender. It came with long leads so I did all my soldering under the seat, heat shrinked and wrapped everything nicely together. Came out nice, clean and have less cluster of wires than I started with from the factory.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:20 AM
BobberG
Tourer

I drilled holes through the fender and bolted it to the fender. I mounted the plate on top of some rubber washers that I just doubled up to keep the plate just over the fender and keep it from vibrating or rattling...
Did you just drill a three-hole pattern to match the backside of the tag plate? I'm not able to do that due to the big *** hole from where the tail light mounts, so I was thinking maybe drill 4 holes (one in each corner) of the plate, then using countersunk machine screws with rubber washers like you used. Just a little hesitant bc if I change my mind about having the plate there at some point....gunna have some issues with a swiss cheese-lookin fender. haha

Old 09-30-2014, 11:11 AM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BobberG
Did you just drill a three-hole pattern to match the backside of the tag plate? I'm not able to do that due to the big *** hole from where the tail light mounts, so I was thinking maybe drill 4 holes (one in each corner) of the plate, then using countersunk machine screws with rubber washers like you used. Just a little hesitant bc if I change my mind about having the plate there at some point....gunna have some issues with a swiss cheese-lookin fender. haha
I had the same thoughts about changing my mind and having Swiss CHeese lol. I'm glad I jumped in and did it now though.

I drilled 4 holes (one in each corner) to mount the frame through the plate and frame holes. It's just a frame. No backing plate with the three hole pattern. The plate came with countersunk holes in the frame so I used countersinks as well. The backside I used washers and Nylocks.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:21 AM
BobberG
Tourer

I had the same thoughts about changing my mind and having Swiss CHeese lol. I'm glad I jumped in and did it now though.

I drilled 4 holes (one in each corner) to mount the frame through the plate and frame holes. It's just a frame. No backing plate with the three hole pattern. The plate came with countersunk holes in the frame so I used countersinks as well. The backside I used washers and Nylocks.
Awesome. Thanks for the input. I'll be knocking out that mod this weekend.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey Jesse,
Bike looks great man. Love the wheels. Can you post a link to the frame you went with? I just bought the great biker gear relocation kit (http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...treet-bob.html ) and I think I prefer your method. Much cleaner looking. Thanks!