Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered bike scraps pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
If rubbing pegs and pipes are a negative conciquence then yes I have always had this issue and so have many, many others on both raised, lowered and stock bikes. I had the problem with a stock Sportster Custom and the Street Bob before I lowered it. I don't see how rubbing parts against the ground is a negative concequence, it is a consequence of riding a motorcycle, but it's not a negative one. It seems to me that even the guys that raise there bikes to get more aggressive turning ability still rub bike parts. Yes, raising, lowering or leaving your bike stock, via shocks or body weight does change the ground clearance and lean angle, but either way the rider has to learn his or her limits/consequences of using the setup, lower your bike you'll lean less to rub, raise your bike you'll lean more to rub. The guys that race supermoto can lean damn near on the fairing of the bike and rub the bike and body parts on the ground without any "negative" consequences. If you don't want to damage/wear and tear your bike parts then don't ride so hard, take it nice and easy and avoid the consequences of riding hard (or pushing your limits). Pretty much it's only a "negative consequence" if your not expecting it to happen or are worried about the effect of what the change or non-change caused. A negative consequence to me would be something unexpected and caused a crash or death, not a little rubbing here and there.

Well.....Alrighty then.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:06 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

hahaha my primary has drug in turns since the bike was new, is what it is with a dyna if you ride hard... so what for the pipe, on mine i cut and did an upsweep to the pipe, made a mount for it, never had any issues wether i am 8" or 14" ride setting.

we have done a bunch of t header grinding repairs though

before

durring

after

Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Punty
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome work bro.