Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably going to get flamed for this but.....

Old 10-19-2014, 11:21 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

I'd buy a bagger from Triumph or Kawi before I would get a Victory. Don't give a krap that it's made in America.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 AM
latrobedyna
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know at least around here the don't hold any resale value. There 2 local Harley shops here that wont even take them as trades. One of them shop's has had one setting in there shop almost 3 years now. That being said i don't like the look's of them either. But then again i thing the new Indians are butt ugly as well. I know the local Indian / Victory dealer (A&A cycle) was bragging how well the Indians ran till i smoked him 3 times in a row on my Harley. So at least he not talk BS any more as there was to many folks witnessing that show LOL

Old 10-20-2014, 01:07 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a fan of Bikes period. I don't care what you ride and I enjoy seeing other bikes. Some are not my style but that's why they make so many different ones. The world would be a boring place if we all dressed and acted the same... oh wait...

Old 10-20-2014, 04:46 AM
Ernst
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of what's so great about an HD is 'making it your own' which is something I doubt the Victory has the factory or aftermarket support to really accomplish.

If I wasn't on a Harley I'd probably be riding a Triumph.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:52 AM
orange52
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I should say that my question wasn't about peer pressure and who'll think I'll cool if I have one, I'll ride what I want. I just want to make an informed decision before I spend any money. Fit, finish, odd things that you don't hear about until AFTER you buy, that type of thing is what I'm more concerned with.
I haven't been able to get by the tail light\rear fender. Ugly as hell. It reminds me of watching Battle Star Galactica as a kid in the late 1970's. But for the right price, that can be swapped out.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:18 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Do your shopping, find what suites you best, keep riding on two wheels and enjoy every minute of it. Here are some links to different touring style bikes out there and their base price tag. I use the term "Styled like....." very loosely.

Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S. $14,000 (Styled like a Road King)

Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 $16,700 (Styled like a Road Glide)

Triumph Thunderbird LT $16,700 (Styled like a Road King)

Yamaha Star Stratoliner Deluxe $17,200 (Styled like a Street Glide)

Victory 8-Ball $18,000 (Styled like a Street Glide)

Honda Gold Wing F6B $20,000 (Styled like a Road Glide)

Harley Davidson Street Glide $20,500

Indian Chieftain $23,000 (Styled like a Street Glide)

Last edited by blueangel73; 10-20-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:21 AM
tstroud
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The best thing to do would be to go read the victory owners forums and then you will find out the complaints and what to look out for when buying one.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Victory is a good motorcycle.

So are Hondas, Yamahas, Triumphs, etc.

But Harley-Davidson doesn't make motorcycles, they make Harleys.

If you gotta ask

Old 10-20-2014, 08:25 AM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,813 Likes on 813 Posts

As much as I might love the way a Victory feels when I ride it, I still have to eventually stop, get off, and then LOOK at it. My gosh, are those things freaking F-U-G-L-Y!!!! I'd never own one for that reason. Ugliest, weirdest looking motorcycles I've ever seen.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EricD10563
They seem like nice bikes, but the dealer network sucks when compared to HD and I'm torn on the styling. Dealer network is important to me though I've not really had to take advantage of it.
I never even test rode a Victory for exactly that reason. Like Eric, I've never had to make use of
the extensive Harley dealer network, but even as overpriced as they are, it's damn good to know
that if your left-handed framistan decides to crap out in North Rabbit Tail, South Dakota, there's
probably a dealer within a half-day of where you broke down.

In 5 years I've had one one-road problem and it was my own fault.. an oil line to my aftermarket
cooler started leaking because I hadn't tightened the clamp properly. 30 seconds with a screwdriver
and that was it.. I didn't consider my burned out turn signal to be a significant issue..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Probably going to get flamed for this but.....