Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably going to get flamed for this but.....

Old 10-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Kevin714
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,798 Likes on 757 Posts

The thought of a bagger never once crossed my mind until a couple months ago when I went on a ride to Wilmington NC with a couple dudes that had baggers.

We rode 80 MPH when it wasn't pouring rain. I was getting the **** beat out of me and they were rolling along in 6th gear with their cruise control.

I rode on a local ride with a group and one person had a Victory, sure as hell hope your not thinking of getting something like this.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:00 AM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,980 Likes on 11,034 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin714
The thought of a bagger never once crossed my mind until a couple months ago when I went on a ride to Wilmington NC with a couple dudes that had baggers.

We rode 80 MPH when it wasn't pouring rain. I was getting the **** beat out of me and they were rolling along in 6th gear with their cruise control.

I rode on a local ride with a group and one person had a Victory, sure as hell hope your not thinking of getting something like this.

Both the bike and the rider are hilariously hideous..

Old 10-20-2014, 11:07 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,189 Likes on 8,355 Posts

Originally Posted by upflying
Both the bike and the rider are hilariously hideous..
, milk white legs, tennis shoes and shorts....

Old 10-20-2014, 11:31 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

one reason I wouldn't buy the victory even though I liked the cross country is the dealer. They had a whole 3 bikes on display and the rest was polaris atv and razr. Makes me wonder who is going to work on it if I had a warranty issue. They just didn't seem serious about selling victory motorcycles. My guess is they can't sell them since I've rode all year and not seen ONE victory on the road in my area. Not one. The dealer said they sell polaris off road vehicles as fast as they can get them in. So in conclusion I got a bad vibe when even the dealer isnt interested in the Vic bikes so I sure don't need one with nobody to back me up if I had a issue. But I dont blame them...if they can't sell them they have to sell what does

A bold prediction....I think in time polaris will totally drop victory and go full throttle with Indian.

Last edited by JohnnyRebKY; 10-20-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:37 AM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Looks like over-sized scooter

Originally Posted by Kevin714

Old 10-20-2014, 11:38 AM
ktrick
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I met a guy recently

who was riding some mid-size Honda. We got to talking and he told me he had a Victory and it was the worst bike he ever owned, hence the Honda. He had the Victory in the shop constantly and they were never able to fix it. Something about the transmission. He went on to say everyone on his block rides a Harley and now they won't even wave at him. He's planning on getting a Harley as soon as he can.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:53 AM
PTSDBob
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_Dyna
You can't lose. On the one hand, you'll graduate to a better bike. On the other, you'll come to appreciate your Harley even more...

Nobody owns me. I've ridden all kinds of things. Norton 850 Commando comes to mind I'm diggin' my FXD, but nothing is forever.

Buy your Victory I'll ride with ya! No problem.
Here is my Norton 850… it was my first 'big bike'…. I still think about it like a bygone girlfriend… great at the time….

Old 10-20-2014, 12:04 PM
OneGearhead
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I work with a guy who bought a Victory Cross Country because "he couldn't afford a Harley"...He does love it though. He rides a lot and he rides hard. Only "problem" he had was not many aftermarket accessories, especially exhaust. At least when he first bought it. There may be more now. I don't know. If I were to have something other than my Harley I'd probably go with a Triumph in a more sport-bike-ish setup. Speed Triple or a Street Triple. Whichever one is the bigger one. I never remember. But even that might not be possible. My buddy bought a brand new one and has 3500 miles on it and the seat/seat mounts have broken on it and they're giving him the run around for warranty work. And has a coolant leak I believe too. He loves it though. Just wishes the customer service was better. Again, that's the good thing about a Harley. There are dealerships EVERY WHERE!!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,103 Likes on 3,784 Posts

Victory has some things going for it. I looked at Victory and decided that the Low Rider was going to be my next bike.

A few weeks back I was riding with a tow truck driver down to my local dealership (to drop off my bike) and we naturally started talking about motorcycles. He was in his late 60s or early 70s and explained he had been riding HDs since 1965. He went on to run down a long list of HDs he owned over the years. I asked him about Victory and he told me that he has never once had to transport a Victory due to mechanical breakdown. He then laughed about all the HDs he has transported over the years for mechanical breakdowns.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:17 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

ok.....have you ever toured anywhere, or are you looking to just get a bagger cause your friend got one? you can tour equally well on any dyna, plus you have the luxury of a lighter nimble bike around town.... i tour with a street glide and there is no difference, except i get better mpg... now if i toured two up all the time i would consider a glide or king......those Victories look hideous to me......

Last edited by INJEKTER; 10-20-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Probably going to get flamed for this but.....