Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Probably going to get flamed for this but.....

Old 10-24-2014, 03:56 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

I took them from my kids lunchboxes, fair and square...when they weren't looking

Old 10-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by latrobedyna
Holy Crap Ironhead.Chris take some prozak dude !!! But in my defense i dont know where you hang out but in my little sand box in this world the chicks are pretty tough and yea the do shun jap crap. As far as being a poser or giving folks a bad name well you think what you want dude. But i am willing to bet i been riding Harleys longer then you been alive. Hint my first harley was a knuckle.
Your little sandbox? Sure, some chicks are pretty tough, and may have unreasonable prejudices. But I think most of us know that most of these are "hit and run" chicks, who are not good candidates for reliable long-term partnerships. Depends on what you want. Draggin' stuff out of the bar can get pretty old and boring after about 20 years or so. You might think it's cool, but some people will be thinkin' you're way beyond pathetic.

If you're really as old as what you suggest (knuckle era), you should have learned better by now.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 10-24-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:49 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by orange52
Well, my dilemma is resolved. I rode a 2014 Victory Cross Country and a 2014 Street Glide back to back today. Got off the Victory, right onto the Street Glide. I didn't like either as much as I like my Dyna.
my father is in his 70s and started riding goldwings a few years back , has traded in his Goldwing on a new Goldwing ever year since he started riding them , i understand that being older it was hard to back his Harley up and the wing has reverse but i have put few thousand miles on his wings and really don't like them , they are hot behind all that plastic , they ride smooth but just not for me , maybe in 30 years i guess

Old 10-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Never.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
Never.
Never what? Never choose a chick over a quick one off the wrist?

Old 10-24-2014, 10:55 PM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
Your little sandbox? Sure, some chicks are pretty tough, and may have unreasonable prejudices. But I think most of us know that most of these are "hit and run" chicks, who are not good candidates for reliable long-term partnerships. Depends on what you want. Draggin' stuff out of the bar can get pretty old and boring after about 20 years or so. You might think it's cool, but some people will be thinkin' you're way beyond pathetic.

If you're really as old as what you suggest (knuckle era), you should have learned better by now.

Well said.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:08 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER
think harley riders are stupid? have never heard that....maybe its just the people that have met you...

I wont get in a battle of brains with you because you are obviously far FAR too smart for me " no doubt about that " but I find it hard to believe you have never heard comments of how stupid we are for riding basically 100 year old technology...

in this thread some people think that just because they are riding a Harley it gets them laid.. i'm sorry BUT THAT IS STUPID..

Old 10-25-2014, 10:06 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
I wont get in a battle of brains with you because you are obviously far FAR too smart for me " no doubt about that " but I find it hard to believe you have never heard comments of how stupid we are for riding basically 100 year old technology...

in this thread some people think that just because they are riding a Harley it gets them laid.. i'm sorry BUT THAT IS STUPID..
you'd be surprised...

Of course, if you are just plain butt-ugly, stink like a sewer pipe, and and have the personality of a rutting goat, even a fine Harley Davidson ain't gonna help you get some from the fugliest most desperate woman in the room.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by orange52
My buddy recently bought a 2014 Street Glide. Beautiful bike, got me excited about a bagger. On a whim I stopped by the Victory dealer. The Cross Country seems to fit me well so I'm actually considering it. I plan to test ride one soon. If I like it, and the numbers work, I may give up my beloved Dyna an go touring.

Has anyone gone to a Victory and come back to HD? If so, what brought you back?
I sat on one in ny one time. My first impressions were that:
The bike was huge. Overly excessively huge
It was light as hell. I was able to throw it back n forth with ease.
Not saying it's a bad bike but I am saying I'm partial to hd and this bike was so big it was ridiculas.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:38 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Yep I did. Had a victory cross county in 2010, Cool bike, handles great and has adjustable floorboards I really like that. Like to see that on more of em.
Sound was okay even with better speakers. Comfortable for sure. Low center of gravity so ease of getting it off the sand or stop signs etc...
But it didn't like rain and the dealers could not find the problem even with assistance from Victory. They have over come that now, and only some bikes were having the problems.
Reach on the bars were a bit much but +2 will solve that. On slow parking lot parking it felt really weird with the long bars but that's no big deal.
I went back to HD. For some reason they fit me better and feel good when riding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Probably going to get flamed for this but.....