Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Voids Engine Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What everyone has told you is 100% correct.. but if they refuse to honor the warranty, YOU
will have to take THEM to court on your own dime while they stonewall you in every way they can.

That's pure ****, but that's also the unvarnished truth and you need to keep that in mind.

Find another dealer or better yet, an HD certified indy mech who can perform all the scheduled
maintenance necessary to satisfy any possible warranty requirement. That's what I did to avoid
the grossly incompetent local stealership..

Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
I say get a tuner, it's worth it. But I would pick the Power Vision over a SE one.

Originally Posted by upflying
Could the dealer "flag" op's bike in the HD database and blacklist it for future warranty issues?
To me this sounds like dealer blackmail. "Buy a tuner or else"..lol.
You had to read post 2 by airfuel. It's not for the individual dealer to void a warranty, all a dealer can do is present any issue to the moco and it is for them to judge wether the issue was caused due to some mod or user error.

I will go on to say to the OP once you decide to go the next step IE a larger air flow you will most definitely want a tuner taking you to full stage 1.At that point Your dealer will likely reccomend a dealer download. Idiots playing schoolboy games. You should definitely avoid that dealer, then again the person you spoke to may or may not reflect the entire dealership's views on mods, maybe he was just having a rag that day (no offense to women) but he is definitely an A-HOLE!

BTW I think big shots are a good choice over the ever popular cheapie short shots.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Find another dealer. And, after you do, go back and tell the first dealer why you won't go to them anymore.

Oh, and let us know who it is so we can stay away from them as well.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:46 PM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

hmmmmm...sounds like we might only be getting part of the story here....

Old 10-22-2014, 01:38 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I always do my own service and oil changes. 1 1/2 year ago the oil pump went, end up replaced the short block under warranty, repair cost $5600. I had exhaust, intake and power commander at that time, they didn't even ask me for oil change receipts. I guess my dealer treats me like human then.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:59 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Just curious but are you talking to a service writer or have you talked to the service manager? If that is dealership policy I would at least give HD customer service a call. Personally I think in keeping the stock air box you should not need a tuner and if you do change to a stage 1 intake you could do their download but IMO if I was going to shell out money for a tuner it will not be another Harley tuner. There are too many good tuners out there now. Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:54 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

will this be your servicing dealer and did you pick the bike up yet?? if not can you get out of the deal??

I think I would get out of the deal if I could because if you don't buy the tuner
from them their word as servicing dealer goes a long way when a warranty claim comes up with the MOCO and it sounds like this dealer wont back you..

Old 10-22-2014, 06:11 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

If they want you to sign a document stating that warranty is void due to the work done and not using the Harley Tuner, thell them you want that document to come from the HD Head Quarters office stating that HD (the MoCo) is the one voiding it, not the dealership (they will never get this because the MoCo doesn't want that kind of publicity, they would rather the dealer kick itself in the *** for being stupid). In order for them to void the warranty, they have to first prove what lead to the problem when it happens, was it the new exhaust, was it the non-use of the SE tuner, was it the aftermarket tuner or was it a faulty part installed by the MoCo factory. Tell them your not signing anything unless it comes from the MoCo itself, if they do get something in writting, go to another dealer and fine a new deal.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:22 AM
airfuel
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a shame that some dealers use scare tactics and strong words to force people into purchases and services.

It's also a shame that gullible scared owners buy into this crap!

I don't do it with my cars and they are a necessity.
I certainly won't do it with a luxury toy in my garage.

Last edited by airfuel; 10-22-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,325 Likes on 3,270 Posts

Best Advice to you is to find another dealer.....for warranty work anyway, T shirts and oil and **** it doesn't matter but work???

Quick Reply: Dealer Voids Engine Warranty