Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Voids Engine Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:40 PM
LunaticFringe
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you have to tune the bike in some way because it will run too lean, the dealer would be well within their rights to deny a warranty claim, the bike is modified and not running correctly and running too hot, it's that simple. That would include just about anything engine related. I suggest getting some sort of proper tune, the bike will run stronger and your warranty will stay intact.

had you just done slip-on muffler than the CATs would still be in place and no tune would be required.

you can thank the DOT for the whole thing, thay are the ones that require motorcycle to be quiet from the factory, Harley would just send them from the factory nice & loud if it wast for the stupid DOT, imagine all the metal & money that goes to waste because of these stupid pointless laws. Don't blame the Moco or the dealer, put the blame where it belongs. Government, the source of all the worlds problems. A bunch of losers who can never do anything right. from Iraq to public education, to CDC to healthcare to Social Security, everything they do is a complete failure. they can't even protect a door at the white house. they're total losers.

Last edited by LunaticFringe; 10-22-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
Here's where I'm confused: This forum, as well as many others, is full of riders who report dramatic increase in decel popping after ONLY an exhaust change. Since that (usually) indicates an increase in leanness, how can that occur?
It's not from an increase in leanness. The stock exhaust is restrictive enough that instead of the exhaust shooting out all at once, the pressure bleeds out over time.

On a shorter and more open pipe, a slug of exhaust gas shoots out the end, leaving a vacuum in the pipe. The vacuum pulls in fresh air from the open end of the exhaust (reversion), and this mixes with unburned fuel in the pipe, creating an ignitable mixture. It's much the same thing as popping due to an exhaust leak, which also allows fresh air into the pipe.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 10-23-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:26 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Also interesting.

However, "the pop gets burned up before it's ever popped" is a completely different explanation than "you don't hear the popping with the stock mufflers".

Since one explanation is that "there isn't any popping", and the other explanation is that "there is popping but you just can't hear it", I'm guessing both can't be simultaneously correct.

Because, internetz.
not really, try this " you dont hear the popping with stock mufflers,because,the pop gets burned up before it pops

BAM!!!

Old 10-23-2014, 10:49 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by INJEKTER

not really, try this " you dont hear the popping with stock mufflers,because,the pop gets burned up before it pops

BAM!!!
You should write political ads. You're smoooth!

Old 10-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Grendel4
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

On stock pipes, you don't hear much of anything -- Popping or otherwise.

No more complicated than that.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:33 PM
AArod
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by farmer65
Long story short I purchased a new 2014 wide glide 2 weeks ago at a dealer. When you buy a bike from them they offer free shop labor at the time of purchase. I had a few things put on, then i picked out vance-hines big shots with quit baffles and stay with stock air cleaner. Thats when they tell me i have to install a harley tuner or they will not cover engine warranty and i would have to sign papers stating that. I think there nuts.
Hi farmer65, I'm a newbie, just singed up 4pm 12/20/14. I saw on one of your forum messages you had for sale 2 sets of of baffles for several drag style pipes, $30 for the new pair and $20 for the used pair. So how do we get together for a discusion of price and shipping? I have PYTHON staggered duels on my 2012 Dyna. My baffles are 2" x 13.25". I need some baffles to experment with. Thanks, AArod.