Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by skinman13
Actually it was pretty steady when I was hit and afterwards. I was really surprised that it felt like a little bounce but it was a pretty solid hit and made a big noise. I do not recall that it even wobbled. I moved back over into the left lane then back into the center turn lane and looked around for pieces of my ride on the road and blood on my pants leg...other than the engine guard, there was no other damage to the bike and all I had was a small dollar bill sized bruise on my leg just below my knee. My shoulder also took a hit and is a little sore. It just wasn't my time, I guess.
Wow. I've got an engine guard on mine, but I always thought it would be helpful for parking lot drops. You're makin' me really glad I've got it.

Old 10-25-2014, 12:36 AM
skinman13
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Wow. I've got an engine guard on mine, but I always thought it would be helpful for parking lot drops. You're makin' me really glad I've got it.
I laid it down hard on a wet road at the same intersection coming the other way the Friday before Labor Day, 2013, when a cager jumped lanes in front of me as we were coming up to the traffic signal...the engine guard saved me a tank, handlebars, and engine damage except for a scratched up derby cover...as well as making it easy for me to kick out from under 700 lbs of Harley Davidson sliding down the road. It also banged up both rear turn signals and a highway peg clamp... and tore up a good pair of Levis. Cost around $100 to replace the damaged parts and I was back on the road.

Engine guards don't look all that sexy, but they do serve a purpose...