Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnum cables or...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 08:32 PM
dudshep31
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another vote for magnum. And I'll add that the customer service is excellent. I had to make a change to my brake line after I received them. They took care of it very quickly.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:34 AM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Here is a question the OP should not mind me asking: for you guys that have swapped out the stock clutch cable for the aftermarket ones, do you notice an easier pull? They tend to advertise low friction, etc - but wondering what the users have to say?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:46 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I went with Magnums about 4 years ago. They are a great company to work with and I have not had any issues.

Old 10-26-2014, 10:21 AM
TheDarkRider
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Here is a question the OP should not mind me asking: for you guys that have swapped out the stock clutch cable for the aftermarket ones, do you notice an easier pull? They tend to advertise low friction, etc - but wondering what the users have to say?
Good question HD Pilot! Now I wonder the same and it looks like Magnum has won the round.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Galdog
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Heard Magnums are good.... But went with Barnett Stealth.... No issues, look great!

Old 10-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Jesse_81
Road Captain

I've used Barnett Stealth Series twice now. No complaints both times and the fitment was great too. Bought them through HD Bike Parts and they figure your length. Just specify what bars your going with and what bike it's going on. Happy customer.

Old 10-27-2014, 03:32 PM
butterballs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was very surprised at how much smoother/easier the clutch pull was with the magnum clutch cable.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:08 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Check out Motion Pro. Those are the one I'm going w/ this winter when I switch to drag bars. Prices are great and you can get the fittings in all black. Haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm getting their throttle cables and clutch cable.

My buddy got the Burly kit when he did his 13.5" setup and there is quit a bit of extra cable! Before the Motion Pro I was going to go with the Barnett, just found these to be priced a lot better and the Magnums are way over priced in my book!
Magnum's dont cost any more than Barnett or other brands...im looking at a price sheet and they are the same price in the Drag book. i like the magnums.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM
fxdc_9613
Advanced

Honestly, it's not a drastic difference. I would say the difference is not in the pull, but in the snap back to resting position.

Originally Posted by HD Pilot

Old 10-30-2014, 12:49 PM
TheDarkRider
Club Member

Well it looks like I'll go with Magnums, was going to go with the Burlys kit but everyone says they run too big so that settled it.

Hopefully the Magnums will be pure black. Thanks for feedback folks!

Quick Reply: Magnum cables or...