Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Magnum cables or...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
TheDarkRider
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum cables or...

Hi folks -> So I am going to be swapping out my stock handlebars with 14" Outlawz from Chubby 1 and need +6 cables.

I've been hearing mixed emotions when it comes to the cables so I wanted to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger. So please do share and throw in your 2 cents.
  1. Magnum - I read and heard that these are the almighty but pricey. Many recommend going with these, haven't read anything negative about them.
  2. Burly - Heard these are good but that they run size bigger. Like if you get the 14" kit, you can do with 12" kit better as to not have so much left over. This sounds a bit off, but read about it on the forums. I am leaning towards this 14" kit though as it provides everything for the install.
  3. Barnett Stealth Series - Mixed comments on these. Some folks never had a problem some do.
  4. LA Choppers Kit - Not really sure about this one read mixed thoughts on these as well but thought I'd throw them in here.
  5. Motion Pro - as recommended by HD Bobber

Thanks!

Last edited by TheDarkRider; 10-24-2014 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added LA choppers
Old 10-24-2014, 09:30 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Check out Motion Pro. Those are the one I'm going w/ this winter when I switch to drag bars. Prices are great and you can get the fittings in all black. Haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm getting their throttle cables and clutch cable.

My buddy got the Burly kit when he did his 13.5" setup and there is quit a bit of extra cable! Before the Motion Pro I was going to go with the Barnett, just found these to be priced a lot better and the Magnums are way over priced in my book!

Last edited by HD Bobber; 10-24-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:36 AM
TheDarkRider
Club Member

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Check out Motion Pro. Those are the one I'm going w/ this winter when I switch to drag bars. Prices are great and you can get the fittings in all black. Haven't heard anything bad about them and I'm getting their throttle cables and clutch cable.

My buddy got the Burly kit when he did his 13.5" setup and there is quit a bit of extra cable! Before the Motion Pro I was going to go with the Barnett, just found these to be priced a lot better and the Magnums are way over priced in my book!
Good share bro! I haven't heard of the Motion Pro, off to ask Google and find their site.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:01 PM
izhd
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Well I had Burley 12" kit with 10" risers + 3" handlebars. It is too big. Got a lots of slack. Didn't install clutch cable - it was too long - 72"
Still have it for sale (but it probably doesn't fit dyna) and front signals extensions - those will fit(if you're leaving blinkers on handlebars)

Originally Posted by TheDarkRider
Hi folks -> So I am going to be swapping out my stock handlebars with 14" Outlawz from Chubby 1 and need +6 cables.

I've been hearing mixed emotions when it comes to the cables so I wanted to get a few more opinions before I pull the trigger. So please do share and throw in your 2 cents.
  1. Magnum - I read and heard that these are the almighty but pricey. Many recommend going with these, haven't read anything negative about them.
  2. Burly - Heard these are good but that they run size bigger. Like if you get the 14" kit, you can do with 12" kit better as to not have so much left over. This sounds a bit off, but read about it on the forums. I am leaning towards this 14" kit though as it provides everything for the install.
  3. Barnett Stealth Series - Mixed comments on these. Some folks never had a problem some do.
  4. LA Choppers Kit - Not really sure about this one read mixed thoughts on these as well but thought I'd throw them in here.
  5. Motion Pro - as recommended by HD Bobber

Thanks!

Old 10-25-2014, 05:02 AM
fxdc_9613
Advanced

magnum cables are pretty solid. Like you said, pricey but its worth it. plus the braided look is pretty cool

Old 10-25-2014, 06:48 AM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i have magnums on my bike worth everypenny

Old 10-25-2014, 07:00 AM
butterballs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kmontague
i have magnums on my bike worth everypenny
yep

Old 10-25-2014, 09:24 AM
EC1956
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is what the Outlawz will look like with Magnum Chromites

Old 10-25-2014, 01:23 PM
TheDarkRider
Club Member

Originally Posted by EC1956
Here is what the Outlawz will look like with Magnum Chromites
That looks sweet! Did you get +6 magnums? Did the install yourself or? Used any kit for wiring and the heatshinks? Thanks!

Old 10-25-2014, 08:27 PM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnums are my recommendation.

Quick Reply: Magnum cables or...