Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Club Bikes"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 PM
bad93snake
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monster715
Gotta respect a man with enough courage to leave a bike completely stock. The "fad" isn't going anywhere because it build makes sense. Get over it. This is probably the 10th time I've seen you post something about these bike trying to knock them. I've got a set of tbars I can sell you, I know how much you like them
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I see at least 4 chrome items straight outta the H-D catalog! Far from stock!

Old 10-24-2014, 10:50 PM
Ironhead.Chris
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Is this fad about over?
You've got to be the biggest tool on these forums. Only a dumb *** calls something that's been happening for over twenty years a "fad".

Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 PM
RustyCage
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel compelled to chime in now....seeing as how my bike would be considered "club style"...minus the drag bars. If something has been around 20+ years, it's not a fad. I'll give the OP some sense of self worth, yeah some guys watch SOA and go put on a lot of cosmetics to mimic those bikes....yeah, the "trend" will fade with those guys. Every bike I've owned, I've either blacked out, put a lot of performance parts on, and at times ran a fairing...long before SOA even aired. All this is doing is stirring up sh*t, for no reason other than boredom (and secretly longing for a black dyna and 1/4 fairing )

Psychology glasses on : the anger towards these bikes is caused by deep resentment of a certain tv show....a friggin tv show! Who gives a **** what other people do to their bikes, you don't have to ride it. I don't like chrome and candy paint, big deal...I don't go bitch on the interweb about it. Moral of the story is, I'm telling Jax

Old 10-25-2014, 01:56 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,515 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
Nothing! Where does everyone get the idea that I'm knocking their bikes?? I just said they seem to be a "fad" because they're everywhere, and I was just curious as to when you all thought they would start fading away. Just like big wheel baggers, custom choppers, etc.............

Lots of touchy people on here! LOL
Previous track record, I guess. Some people on the forum have a memory that goes back more than a day or two:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...01-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...49-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...th-t-bars.html

"Gotta admit. I HATE em! Am I missing something? Am I the only one who thinks they look ridiculous"

"T bars and quarter fairings. I guess everybody is a SOA wanna bee. Oh, well. Still hate em and think they look stupid."

"I see they must be "the latest thing", because a lot of guys are running them, but man, they look really stupid and uncomfortable to me. Somebody please explain to me why you think those look good."

" I'm sorry, but that just looks stupid to me. It screams "look at me". I can't believe someone who rides a motorcycle seriously, like goes places other than the local bar or dealership, would actually want bars like that. I gotta tell ya, most of the guys I ride with, (call us old farts if you want, but we've all been riding over 40 years) would laugh you off the road if you showed up with those things on your bike."

"Comfortable or not, they look really stupid to me! Almost comical."

" I just can't believe someone actually thinks they LOOK GOOD. That was my main question, not how comfortable they are, which I'm not buying either, BTW."

"I just don't get guys who obviously pattern their bikes after some TV show. T bars with quarter fairings are, IMHO, SOA poser bikes. And, they look stupid besides."

This quote from forum member izzyryder to you from a previous thread sums it up well:

"For someone riding since 1965 it's pretty obvious you don't really get out and ride much, and don't go to many places where there are other bikers. This whole thread wasn't a question but a way for you to mock something you don't like out the side of your mouth. Some of us like different things, and lots of us don't decide what we do to our bikes based on what you think is a fad. Saying as such shows that maybe you feel that's the type of mindset you have. You just like your bike.that's cool. Some of us don't care what anyone thinks and make it out own. We don't worry about fads and shows or what some tool on a forum thinks. "

(underlining not in original)

Old 10-25-2014, 02:10 AM
iDodgimus
Road Master

there's also been posts inquiring about fairings and cast wheels, seems like you're 2/3rds of the way there... do it, then just get the bars and get over it!

Old 10-25-2014, 03:52 AM
Dun Roamin
Banned

Just out of interest, what is the history of T-bars?

I'm guessing it all started when some guy just welded a Sportster handlebar onto some risers to lose a few more bolts and stop them twisting?

It's funny for me to read this guys saying they are the current fad. When I stuck a fairly modest set on an FLHR not so long ago, I was more concerned they were so 'out of fashion' folks might laugh ... I'd agree on the "20 year" estimate ... but I got them cheap, and they put the grips where I wanted them and nicely match the lines of an old Shovelhead batwing. My "style" depends more on what I can pick up cheaply so I'm usually well behind the curve.

Bro', of all the things to be concerned about SoA ...

I'm more concerned that the network has apparently clamped down on nipples. So far this season, we're getting a lot of male *** and six packs and very little jiggling **** stars and nekkid hookers.

Pasties and MI(WN)LFs appear to be more 'in'.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:56 AM
RustyCage
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Dun Roamin
Bro', of all the things to be concerned about SoA ...

I'm more concerned that the network has apparently clamped down on nipples. So far this season, we're getting a lot of male *** and six packs and very little jiggling **** stars and nekkid hookers.

Pasties and MI(WN)LFs appear to be more 'in'.
All the hookers are dead...damn Asians killed them all, lol

Old 10-25-2014, 09:13 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

The club style may have been around for decades, but most people only discovered it recently because of SOA and the internet. To be honest, before that I don't remember ever seeing that style of bike, but I'm in the midwest. I still haven't seen any on the streets around here, and only saw 3-4 in Sturgis last year. Seems like they're only common on the internet.

Not my thing, but as "fads" go, at least this one is functional.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:31 AM
RustyCage
Cruiser

You wanna talk about an actual "fad", I see more "hipsters" rolling around town on these bad boys, than I see real bikes

Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 AM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy
Previous track record, I guess. Some people on the forum have a memory that goes back more than a day or two:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...01-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...49-t-bars.html

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...th-t-bars.html

"Gotta admit. I HATE em! Am I missing something? Am I the only one who thinks they look ridiculous"

"T bars and quarter fairings. I guess everybody is a SOA wanna bee. Oh, well. Still hate em and think they look stupid."

"I see they must be "the latest thing", because a lot of guys are running them, but man, they look really stupid and uncomfortable to me. Somebody please explain to me why you think those look good."

" I'm sorry, but that just looks stupid to me. It screams "look at me". I can't believe someone who rides a motorcycle seriously, like goes places other than the local bar or dealership, would actually want bars like that. I gotta tell ya, most of the guys I ride with, (call us old farts if you want, but we've all been riding over 40 years) would laugh you off the road if you showed up with those things on your bike."

"Comfortable or not, they look really stupid to me! Almost comical."

" I just can't believe someone actually thinks they LOOK GOOD. That was my main question, not how comfortable they are, which I'm not buying either, BTW."

"I just don't get guys who obviously pattern their bikes after some TV show. T bars with quarter fairings are, IMHO, SOA poser bikes. And, they look stupid besides."

This quote from forum member izzyryder to you from a previous thread sums it up well:

"For someone riding since 1965 it's pretty obvious you don't really get out and ride much, and don't go to many places where there are other bikers. This whole thread wasn't a question but a way for you to mock something you don't like out the side of your mouth. Some of us like different things, and lots of us don't decide what we do to our bikes based on what you think is a fad. Saying as such shows that maybe you feel that's the type of mindset you have. You just like your bike.that's cool. Some of us don't care what anyone thinks and make it out own. We don't worry about fads and shows or what some tool on a forum thinks. "

(underlining not in original)
This dude owns the OP's *** haha! Great post love it

Quick Reply: "Club Bikes"